Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Fish don't respawn very fast and they tend to die a lot when you're in the area. They die from you bumping them too hard, or bigger animal kills them or some other random reason. If you say in one area for a while, the smaller fish there will end up dead. You can always breed some in aquariums and release them into the wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It does seem kind of broken that you can just plant one fruit tree in your base or on the cyclops and that's your food (and most of your water) taken care of forever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You mean east? The spawn point is west of the Aurora.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

U.T. Raptor posted:

Is there a way to remove plants from the alien containment thing? I put some in there and they're all greyed out on the planter menu.

Also, this is a really beautiful game :allears::

Just hack at them until they disappear.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
^^^^^ it's usually updated every day or so.

giffan posted:

Hmm, it's weird because when I dock my seamoth, I immediately get a hundred power outage messages. I even put 4 solar panels up just to see how much it was using but it killed my base every time.

Then again, I ended my last session trapped in my wall locker, so maybe the game just bugged out on me...

The seamoth is the part that uses power. It recharges when you dock it. If you don't have enough power to charge it, it will constantly take every bit of power that's generated until it's charged. It seems like it takes 3 base power to charge one seamoth power.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can just take the signal out of your shoulder slot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think that should be the winner. Subnautica: if you stare into the abyss, eventually the next chunk loads.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Bio Reactor + fruit tree = endless power, food, and water.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

priznat posted:

Built the Cyclops and cruised off to honk at reaper bastards and the fuckers just ignore me utterly. Can't win.

The terrain starts getting mighty weird when you get up to what I assume are the map edges.

Also the cyclops cameras really need floodlights too.

They are like bullies. Pick on anyone smaller but as soon as someone bigger shows up, play it cool.

PerrineClostermann posted:

They really need to make light sources bright. As in, make them actually lit. My seamoth lights up plenty of stuff in front of it, but if I exit and try to find my way back to it, good luck. The seamoth itself is completely pitch dark.

The lights on the cyclops are near useless. You either have to be on the sea floor in which case you can't go anywhere because you'll keep hitting things or you are above the sea floor in which case you can't see anything besides a lit up haze in front of you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Food and water really only exist to remind you to do something every few minutes. You'll be exploring an area and then the suit says you need to eat or drink so you head back to your base or cyclops and mash some fruit into your face. If you don't want that tedium, playing without food is fine. It just makes collecting fish and plants useless unless you want to look at them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I hate Fresh Shesh Besh and his mailbox head.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ambaire posted:

It would be nice to have a gamemode halfway between survival and creative where you don't have to worry about hunger or water or oxygen but you still have to gather resources and everything.

Call it.. Discovery

It's called Freedom but still has oxygen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Crash explosions also modify the terrain which is annoying.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Night is so annoying. You might as well not even bother trying to drive the cyclops at night because it's impossible to see anything. Getting close enough to the see floor for the lights to hit anything means you constantly get proximity alarms. Being high enough to clear everything either gets you pitch black with the floodlights off or pitch black with a haze over it with the lights off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If the flood lights would just point down a bit, it would be really helpful.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It would be cool if the light switch only turned off the cockpit lights. There's no need to turn the rest of the lights off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A ladder will go straight to the top if there's not intermediate levels.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What do people even do with such large bases? I see pictures on reddit of these giant bases with tons of rooms and hallways. What do you even put in them?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

So I picked some sort of creature egg from the seafloor. How do I hatch it, can I just drop it in my tank, or do I need some incubator device or something?

Maybe they changed it since I last checked but it's 10 days in the wild and 3 days in the tank. You have to be near the egg during this time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Reginald donates his life force to other fish so that they may live.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Fish Ingots?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The seamoth fragments look somewhat like scrap metal and are easy to pass over.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They fixed the long initial loading time by having lots of different meters and dials constantly moving around.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Whenever something weird happens, the first thing you should do is not save and immediately quit and reload the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm setting up a base in the cave along the sea treader path. I really like these guys. They look really cool and they drop lots of ore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

Is there a way to move the vehicle building platform? Have they mentioned any ones to make the escape pod useful after the initial hours?

Climb on to it then look down and to the side. There should be a prompt to pick it up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll admit I was a bit taken aback when I was driving my cyclops and I switched to the cameras and was immediately confronted by a reaper.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I'm jealous, in my game it seems I've harvested all the quartz in the game. Takes forever to find more.

Have you been to the blood kelp trench? R walls are lined with it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wish they'd swap gold and silver. I have so much gold that I have barely any use for but I always need silver.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only benefit to the Cyclops is that you can put a lot of storage in it. Other than that, the Seamoth is faster, easier to see out of and more maneuverable.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Don't have sex with the reapers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's pretty straight forward.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You didn't save.

I found some kind of bug where in certain configurations, the aquarium won't build in a second floor room. If I build a hallway and then another room, that won't allow me to put an aquarium on the second floor either. But if I just build a room attached to a room with no hallway, this allows me to build an aquarium on the second floor. Seems like there's some sort of checkerboard offest where one lets you build the aquarium and the other doesn't.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 9, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I usually only see reapers on the south side of the aurora. All the good stuff is on the north and west side.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The guys making the game are being super pacifist about the enemies. At best you can stun predators even though they can easily kill you. Seems kind of dumb seeing as I can just bump a peeper and it dies but getting shocked by the seamoth doesn't do anything to the bigger creatures.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hopefully they do fix it. Predators are usually skittish and only attack when they have a clear advantage or if they are cornered.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You have to rotate the scanner room so the entrance lines up with a hallway piece or another part of your base.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
While going through the dunes from the sea treader path up to the mushroom forest, I saw three reapers at once.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They want to but they are focused on finishing the game first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Reginalds used to be the best food. Now fruit is.