Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Anyone else remember when placing the NS2 poster in the cyclops caused it to do endless barrel rolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Section Z posted:

Depends on how many spare ion cubes (and scrounged up freebie purple tablets to save on crafting) you have so you are allowed to make the second blue tablet, then Ion cells for the escape rocket. Since no drill means no drilling up the ion node in the lava castle, or the "3 cubes, every 4 minutes" infinite supply in the containment facility.

Swimming down there because of an absurd pipeline is probably the smaller logistical headache compared to "Aw poo poo, I forgot enough space crystals to get at more space places". Though obviously the more boring and drawn out one.

Gaining the Ion recipies is the easy part because that's just slamming a purple tablet into a console and pushing a button inside the room. It's making sure you have all the exotic materials you need, plus 1 if you want to portal back to mountain island to a pre-made base, that's probably a bigger stumble point if you take for granted how many extra ions you get via drill.

Once you get to the containment facility, you can easily get a prawn back in there to drill the ion cubes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Floating lockers: most useless item in the game?

e: like I'm pretty sure the game doesn't have ocean currents in it, until I built a base I just dropped all my extra poo poo in a pile under the lifepod.

I haven't used them since I made one during early access and then realized I could never get rid of it. I think it is meant to be a way to store things before you can find the fabricator to make a tube.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

emoji posted:

Those people don't really exist in any meaningful quantity he's just been maniaposting for years about the same poo poo.

Have you checked out the main subnautica forums? Where people used to fight you because you have the opinion that crafting things should not take five minutes. The forums where someone who joined those forums a year after I did accused me of joining just to argue against being forced to wait several seconds to craft something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You only need a "main base" if you really want one. You can instead just set up small bases where you can charge power cells. You can fill the cyclops with more storage than you'll need.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Plus it feels pretty badass to deploy from the Cyclops and drop 500m straight down into the abyss in your armored mech suit like a space marine. But like a space marine that works on planets, from ships. Some kind of maritime space marine.

We call them ocean space Marines. I tame them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They do damage the seamoth. I don't know if they can damage the cyclops though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can't do anything to the prawn in the moonpool. You can add mods and access storage both while it is in the water and in the cyclops.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

Stupid lesson of the day #3: First time reaching the Lost River is a good time to upgrade the Cyclops' depth module... except that you can't remove it from the Cyclops to upgrade it without making it suffer crush damage, unless you go all the way back to the surface to apply it. (or maybe build a second one. I did consider building a second Cyclops for deep cave exploration. Also to try a different colour)

I've named all my vehicles after weapons from Polynesian cultures. So far I've got Kris, Balisong (my Seamoths), Bolo (Prawn) and Leiomano (Cyclops).

If you're fast, you can rip it out, upgrade it and put it back in.

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

The "glowing whale creature" from the wiki has an image with 2 divers.

How awesome would this game be with multiplayer

Never going to happen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I found the entrance based on the weird green light it gave off. The actual alien arches didn't render until I was nearly through them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A lot of items are very useful at the beginning of the game until you get the larger air tank, or the seamoth or whatever else. Then they are useless and you can build a trashcan to get rid of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone give me a hint on where to find Sea Crown? It's the only item on my shopping list I've never scanned

Check around the containment tank.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want to see a video of someone leaving on the neptune while the sunbeam is trying to land.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is it possible to drive the seamoth through one of those water/air interface things? Does the seamoth just hit the ground and then it's stuck there forever?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

watermarbles?

reapers/ghosts can be killed by the knife and stasis rifle but it takes literal minutes of constant stabbing

Marblemelons. Plant 8, slash 2, harvest 6, plant 8, eat the 6. You will never want for food or water.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think it might be out in the dunes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I thought they changed it so the still suit doesn't provide sustainable water anymore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is it possible to not get infected at all? I thought the infection automatically got worse as you did more plot stuff.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You have to spend 3 real hours decompressing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh, Nexusmods has things besides giant anime titty mods for games now?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not like I want to smash up your cyclops or anything b-baka

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just make sure you know you can handle VR before you jump into subnautica.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Knobb Manwich posted:

Or play the not VR version? :confused:

Meskhenet specifically mentioned trying Subnautica with VR.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You pretty much need it if you're exploring super deep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Can you blame them? You're gross and green. Who wants that in their ocean? Not knowing it was affected by infection level confused me when I first started. Everyone online was freaking out about Warpers. When I started up the game, I saw one and it didn't even bother with me.