Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

When is it better to just let things pass their statutes of limitations and age off the credit report instead of filing bankruptcy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Pretty much the answer I expected.

I had a credit card that was up to about $13k after fees and etc and they never got a judgement. Fell off my credit report about six months ago, finally. I guess I'm lucky, then, but the years of being hounded by scum debt collectors didn't make me feel that way. I considered Chapter 7 at one point, but besides that credit card pretty much all my debt was defaulted student loans.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

My wife had her student loans discharged for disability and we have a big bill as a result.

IANAL but look into the "insolvency exception".

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

FYI we did this and it helped us out immeasurably

Super glad to hear it

• Locked thread