Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Boof Bonser posted:

Also I'm now getting very far afield of the topic of bankruptcy, but the other reason that Dave Ramsey sucks is that he has an obsessive fixation on "useful" college degrees. He never asks listeners where they are going to school, only what they're studying. I don't dispute that an engineering degree makes it easier to get a job, but a literature degree from Harvard is going to be a lot more helpful than an HVAC certificate from a for-profit college.
I wonder how many liberal arts degree folks from Ivy League schools have ever called into Dave Ramsey's show? I'd guess zero, tbh.

Dave Ramsey is the remedial English teacher of the financial world. He's not teaching the honors course. His job is to turn failing students into not-failing students. And he's good at that. But if you're aiming for higher than a C, you should look elsewhere.

Anyway, my FIL is a bankruptcy trustee. He says that business is very slow right now, and that the recent law changes have deterred a lot of perspective bankruptors. Is that your experience, Boof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread