Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The MSJ posted:

This movie series is the reason Mila Jovovich and Paul WS Anderson are not married with kids.

It's also in direct competition with Underworld in the subgenre of "producer/director dresses wife up in fetish gear and make her fight monsters".

Hasn't this last movie been delayed like 2 years specifically because Milla Jovovich was pregnant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

raditts posted:

Hasn't this last movie been delayed like 2 years specifically because Milla Jovovich was pregnant?

Well that and this film crippling and killing its crew.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
They're pretty terrible but fun to have on in the background at 1am on weekend nights.

My favorite moment is from the 2nd film when Alice tells Jill that the city is going to be nuked and Jill asks, "WHAT YIELD??" A completely natural question to ask.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnBUPX9M6Hk

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

el oso posted:

My favorite moment is from the 2nd film when Alice tells Jill that the city is going to be nuked and Jill asks, "WHAT YIELD??" A completely natural question to ask.

That's... actually kind of a fair question, though? Bigger yield = bigger boom = longer distance to relative safety.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/MillaJovovich/status/761643387426476032

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That's movie #6 for those who lost count long ago. Let me pull up the list I made.

Mierenneuker posted:

It's like this, right?
- the one in the underground facility
- the one in the city
- the one in the desert
- the one in the prison that starts in Tokyo and ends on a ship
- the one in the arctic facility

Sounds like they just need a movie in a forest now.

- the final one in the forest where they kill them all?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Neo Rasa posted:

This final Resident Evil movie that's coming out not too long from now. A stunt woman had to have her arm amputated because of an accident on set, and not long after a man died because a platform meant to lift a vehicle up collapsed on him. The action in this upcoming movie better be incredible, not that that would make it worth what happened to them, but god drat.

Had a look at that and holy loving crap!

quote:

During filming, Jovovich's stunt double Olivia Jackson was severely injured when her motorcycle collided with a camera crane, leaving her in a medically-induced coma for two weeks. Among Jackson's injuries were cerebral trauma, a crushed face, a severed artery in her neck, a paralyzed arm, several broken ribs, a shattered scapula, a broken clavicle, torn fingers with a thumb that needed to be amputated, and five nerves torn out of her spinal cord.[17] Jackson announced in December 2015 that her paralyzed left arm will need to be amputated.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Like, I can't even hate Milla Jovovich. I actually kind of envy her enthusiasm for every horrible movie her husband produces.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The latest re movie with Ada and Leon and Barry was incredibly fun and good and I will punch you if you disagree

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly every RE movie is at least watchable, and the first one, Afterlife, and Retribution are unironically good

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
RE is in a similar situation as the SAW movies, the series doesn't get good until around the fourth one.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

RE is in a similar situation as the SAW movies, the series doesn't get good until around the fourth one.

I put RE with movies like Suicide Squad, Armageddon and Transformers. They're garbage, but they're good garbage that entertain you despite themselves.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly every RE movie is at least watchable, and the first one, Afterlife, and Retribution are unironically good

Retribution is very bad. It's a lovely remake of the first movie with even worse special effects. Although it's kinda impressive that they manages to kill Michelle Rodriguez twice in one movie.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

No, op. They're dreck

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfyyteecPCY

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 9, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I just now saw this trailer. Somehow the doctor is back or he was never dead in the first place. I was really hoping they were gonna fight from the white house.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

Retribution is very bad. It's a lovely remake of the first movie with even worse special effects. Although it's kinda impressive that they manages to kill Michelle Rodriguez twice in one movie.

on the other hand: president wesker

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I tried to make a gif of that end scene of Retribution but no image site will let me upload a 50 second gif. I tried again and got it to work, enjoy 42 megs of greatness.

All the normals walk in V formations!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 14, 2016

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Carlos' death is the only genuinely good scene in the whole series.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I have seen that movie and I have no memory of that scene existing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Is that blonde pro wrestler looking guy supposed to be Wesker?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

King Vidiot posted:

Is that blonde pro wrestler looking guy supposed to be Wesker?

You bet your rear end.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The best Resident Evil film is Doomsday

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Hollismason posted:

The best film is Doomsday

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I started watching the series years ago and stalled out at the third, but I've literally never been misled by one of your recommendations, so hey, why not?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Those movies get really self-serious and it's great.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mierenneuker posted:

It's the guy who lights a blunt before kamikazing his vehicle against so many zombies

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I despise the resident evil movies because I'm convinced they'd be better off they straight up copied the plot of the games.

That and i don't find Milla Jokovich as absurdly attractive as the general populous. She has the figure of a 14 year old boy.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mierenneuker posted:

I just watched them all four months ago and I'm already having problems remembering what happened in them.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

duz posted:

I just watched them all four months ago and I'm already having problems remembering what happened in them.

Dont worry what ever the movies think resident evil is, it quickly unravels into sci-fi drivel that is barely staying in touch with what zombies actually are!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

what zombies actually are!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ramagamma posted:

I despise the resident evil movies because I'm convinced they'd be better off they straight up copied the plot of the games.

The plot of the games are all garbage tho

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover this place
Sand will cover you
I don't think I've seen a movie with Milla Jovovich that I ever liked but I know it's not her fault

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover you

zVxTeflon posted:

The plot of the games are all garbage tho

I'd like a movie explanation for all the drat keys they had to find in the mansion as part of their weapons test.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

HeartPlug posted:

I don't think I've seen a movie with Milla Jovovich that I ever liked but I know it's not her fault

Not even 5th Element?

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover you

zVxTeflon posted:

Not even 5th Element?

It's the one popular fun movie that my horrible terrible nerd opinions won't let me enjoy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

HeartPlug posted:

It's the one popular fun movie that my horrible terrible nerd opinions won't let me enjoy.

So what you hate the French?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeartPlug
Aug 22, 2016

Sand will cover you

Tenzarin posted:

So what you hate the French?

I was also going to say I can't stand it because it reminds me too much of the directing of Moulin Rouge which also bugs me, so I guess I have some underlying issues I need to address :v:

• Locked thread