Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Your review has upped my hype. Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

I also really didn't understand why they brought in so many new characters only to have them die ten seconds after they were introduced. Did they even have names besides Doc and RAZER? I guess the guy with the sword was Christian or something, but come on. Giving Ruby Roses' unamed character a five-minute death scene with sad music was just silly. Why not bring back K-Mart? That would have been an impactful death.

My pure speculation was that the initial script included many of the previous characters but they couldn't get them for various reasons so they plugged in newbies.

GonSmithe posted:

Ian Glenn was having the time of his life, though, which was great.

He really was and it was a joy to watch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Do they show the super epic White House battle that was promised in The Penultimate Chapter?

lol no that's glossed over. oh and she doesn't have her super powers.

still enjoyed it, good finale.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

No. The movie starts in the aftermath of that battle in a (admittedly impressive) bombed out DC.

The completely leveled city was pretty sweet. some solid design work went into that, made for a great setpiece to the opening Alice v Monster fight

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

That first fight was where the sound editing really started grating on me, all at once.

Remember any specifics? I tend to only remember sound design when a scene emphasizes it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Perhaps the theatre was to blame for part of it, but the volume that made the dialogue clear made the loud parts painfully loud, and that fight in particular was painfully loud right off the bat. More importantly, whenever the movie does that multiple-jump-scare thing it does whenever there's biting and snapping monsters, there's not just the sound of the monster but some non-diegetic irritating metallic sounds thrown in.

(Why is it that movies with bestial monsters always imagine that they will make screeching noises that are far more aggravating than scary? Alien, I guess.)

Yeah I don't remember the first fight being overbearingly loud, but thinking back you're on the money with metallic monster sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love this stupid series. I hope for more with Mila (Milla?).

• Locked thread