Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will do best and win the Iowa Caucus thanks to this "town hall"?
Secretary of State Hitlery KKKLinton
Ex-Governor of Baltimore MOM
Noted White Supremacist Bernard Sandards
Orange Baboonic id of Middle America Donald Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jacobin posted:

Trumps fav pres would be Andrew Jackson

I'd say Polk if he really wanted to make America great but yeah you're probably right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rscott posted:

wait did she really?

"i dont know what our country would have been like had [lincoln] not been murdered but i bet it would have been more forgiving and tolerant and brought people back together more quickly. But instead we had reconstruction, jim crow..."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"i dont know what our country would have been like had [lincoln] not been murdered but i bet it would have been more forgiving and tolerant and brought people back together more quickly. But instead we had reconstruction, jim crow..."

"Elected black political representation in the south was troublesome"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that's actually rather hosed

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
OMG DID HE REALLY SAY HE WAS GONNA RAISE TAXES?!?!?!?

CLASS WARFARE!?!?!?!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Hillary is the anti-carpet bagging candidate that this country needs.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Sanders is the candidate every down-ticket dem is fearful of.

"We will raise taxes", "90% taxes", "Destruction of the fossil fuel industry".

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
lol that's really bad. i can only hope she meant how reconstruction got hosed over.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

And with Hillary Democrats lose the White House and Congress. Genius Mitt.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Mitt Romney posted:

Don't you have some polls to unskew

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:
"We're going to raise taxes, but you're overall bills will be lower."

"So let me get this straight, you ARE going to raise taxes?"

Fuckin chump

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Nonsense posted:

President Obama doesn't seem to think so.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

President Obama doesn't seem to think so.

President Obama killed the Congressional party.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Mitt Romney posted:

Oh hell yeah. Thank god his only job is to make sure Clinton takes some good leftward positions before falling again into obscurity

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Do you really believe that Bernie Sanders would win in a race that HRC couldn't? BS is my preferred candidate, but you're really fighting against reality here.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Tots posted:

Fuckin chump

The fact that Americans have been so hosed over on basic education is what makes it difficult for Sanders to win. Basic math is a bitch for many people. Try asking people if they actually understand how progressive tax brackets work. I had to explain to my math teacher FIL that there is no such thing as "making less money because I moved into the next tax tier"

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Tots posted:

Fuckin chump

Yeah, but is big government back?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GrizzlyCow posted:

Do you really believe that Bernie Sanders would win in a race that HRC couldn't? BS is my preferred candidate, but you're really fighting against reality here.

Trump is going to clobber her with bigger lies than she can respond with. She will have killed Democratic enthusiasm and fundraising. The past month has done more to scuttle her chances than the previous eight so she pulls a hail-mary for the General tonight delusional about the state of the primary.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tigntink posted:

The fact that Americans have been so hosed over on basic education is what makes it difficult for Sanders to win. Basic math is a bitch for many people. Try asking people if they actually understand how progressive tax brackets work. I had to explain to my math teacher FIL that there is no such thing as "making less money because I moved into the next tax tier"

Make. America. Great. Again.

Thunderous applause

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I wonder who CNN wants to win

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I wonder who CNN wants to win

Martin O'Malley, duh. Didn't you hear them say "CNN officially endorses Martin O'Malley"?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

rscott posted:

wasn't Hillary against negotiating with Iran

She thought it was "unrealistic" lmao.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tigntink posted:

this is why raising wages doesn't fix a single loving thing until you fix the education system because almost everyone is dumb and doesn't understand how math or money works

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

his highest income tax bracket is 56%
you're lying through your teeth

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gamma Nerd posted:

He wants to tax at 90% you communist human being

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

triple sulk posted:

this is why raising wages doesn't fix a single loving thing until you fix the education system because almost everyone is dumb and doesn't understand how math or money works

a good way to improve education would be to increase funding for poorer school districts by raising the wages of the people in those districts so they pay more in tax to the local government, imho

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Oh yeah she did use it before:

quote:

In early January, Hillary Clinton dismissed the oratorical sensibilities of Barack Obama, her competitor for the Democratic Party’s nomination, admonishing him in the words of Mario Cuomo: “You campaign in poetry, but you govern in prose.”
It's a good line but I figure if the "inexperienced community organizer" figured it out, so too can probably the guy who was a mayor for almost a decade followed by 25 years in Congress.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vile posted:

He wants to tax at 90% you communist human being

good

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Enjoy your bunks in the salt mines everyone itt

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Minsky posted:

I figure if the "inexperienced community organizer" figured it out, so too can probably the guy who was a mayor for almost a decade followed by 25 years in Congress.

:agreed:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Farm Frenzy posted:

a good way to improve education would be to increase funding for poorer school districts by raising the wages of the people in those districts so they pay more in tax to the local government, imho

Schools are funded mostly by municipal property taxes, not income taxes, so I'm not sure how this would help.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Farm Frenzy posted:

which might work but property tax pays for schools a lot/most places

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deporting the 30 million illegals sucking all the money out of our system seems like a good way to help out deficits??

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Vile posted:

Enjoy your bunks in the salt mines everyone itt

eh

Vile posted:

Deporting the 30 million illegals sucking all the money out of our system seems like a good way to help out deficits??

eh

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Minsky posted:

Oh yeah she did use it before:

Yeah, I was marathoning West Wing over Christmas too.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deport all Bernie supporters to Siberia I pray to you God Emperor Trump. Hear my plea

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vile posted:

Everyone knows you're trumpronic-posting, man.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
stfu vox there are posters I don't recognize in here I want to rile them up

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Gamma Nerd posted:

A couple debates ago Sanders said he didn't know what his tax plan was but that it would be "less than 90%". This 90% number has been widely used against dems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a cold and can't do anything in public so I'm posting here it's a free country

• Locked thread