Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will do best and win the Iowa Caucus thanks to this "town hall"?
Secretary of State Hitlery KKKLinton
Ex-Governor of Baltimore MOM
Noted White Supremacist Bernard Sandards
Orange Baboonic id of Middle America Donald Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Vile posted:

stfu vox there are posters I don't recognize in here I want to rile them up

The goldshirts will come for the fake trump supporters first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
See I'm a real supporter that fake posts but unironically believes my fake posts ironically so

Figure that out gold shirts

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
No one cares

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Mitt Romney posted:

A couple debates ago Sanders said he didn't know what his tax plan was but that it would be "less than 90%". This 90% number has been widely used against dems.

90% top marginal tax rate was an actual thing in the 50's under Eisenhower.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
fact checking Bernie's basketball record, thanks CNN

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strange 466-500 pays less?! There are some supporters for the commie!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Any place to see the town hall again without having to rewatch CNN late at night?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

TNO posted:

90% top marginal tax rate was an actual thing in the 50's under Eisenhower.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Logikv9 posted:

Any place to see the town hall again without having to rewatch CNN late at night?

They usually get thrown up on YouTube the next day

Minsky
May 23, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxJ4Kyl6y-8

I think that channel has the rest too

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
I can never bring myself to actually sit through this poo poo, can somebody sum it up and tell me what to think? Other than CNN being absolute trash in every way, that goes without saying

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

I can never bring myself to actually sit through this poo poo, can somebody sum it up and tell me what to think

If you think Bernie is smug and smells vote for Trump

If you think Hillary is corrupt like Putin, vote Vermin Supreme

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

Vile posted:

Pander

Pander

Pander

Pander

Isn't this basically Trumps entire campaign? Just sayin'

Also, the fact that Hillary gave an indepth and thorough analysis of foreign policy while trump is literally just giving 2 sentence answers does not bode well for what Trump would actually do as a president.

What someone comes to his desk and says "we have a crisis Mr. President, there is..."

"Bomb them! I'm bored. TRUMP!" *slams door in staffers face*

BaurusJA has issued a correction as of 05:53 on Jan 26, 2016

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

I can never bring myself to actually sit through this poo poo, can somebody sum it up and tell me what to think

Bernie: Crazy old man that might win Iowa but will be forgotten in a year
Hillary: a professional politician dodged issues and laughed like a jackal but everyone seems to want to support

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

BaurusJA posted:

Isn't this basically Trumps entire campaign? Just sayin'

Also, the fact that Hillary gave an indepth and thorough analysis of foreign policy while trump is literally just giving 2 sentence answers does not bode well for what Trump would actually do as a president.

What someone comes to his desk and says we have "we have a crisis Mr. President, there is..."

"Bomb them! I'm bored. TRUMP!" *slams door in staffers face*

Wrong. He dumbs down for the audience. Every report and anecdotal piece of evidence actually portrays Trump as a reasonable, calm and gracious man in person.

And hills 10 minute boring answer is why she will lose the debates during the general

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Vile posted:

Bernie: Crazy old man that might win Iowa but will be forgotten in a year
Hillary: a professional politician dodged issues and laughed like a jackal but everyone seems to want to support
sorry you're a lovely poster, dont care

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

sorry you're a lovely poster, dont care

Sorry you don't want to face reality kid but Bernie is not going to be the nominee

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

Vile posted:

Wrong. He dumbs down for the audience. Every report and anecdotal piece of evidence actually portrays Trump as a reasonable, calm and gracious man in person.

And hills 10 minute boring answer is why she will lose the debates during the general

4 bankruptcies, scamming people with Trump University...

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Vile posted:

Sorry you don't want to face reality kid but Bernie is not going to be the nominee
completely agree, you're just a lovely poster and wanted to indicate that

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

completely agree, you're just a lovely poster and wanted to indicate that

Oh well ok then I'm fine with that

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Vile posted:

Oh well ok then I'm fine with that
nice, now I want to have a beer with you, major league rear end in a top hat ~mock punches cheek~ go get 'em tiger

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

BaurusJA posted:

4 bankruptcies, scamming people with Trump University...

No one cares about companies going bankrupt. The establishment tried to stump him with that and failed. Trump U has never been brought up at all so I imagine journalists have tried to pin it on Trump but he had some level of plausible deniability

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Mitt Romney posted:

A couple debates ago Sanders said he didn't know what his tax plan was but that it would be "less than 90%". This 90% number has been widely used against dems.

Yes, he was being humorous. He's saying that his top marginal rate will be much lower than Dwight D. Eisenhower's was. And he actually released a tax plan which shows that the 90% boogeyman is nowhere in sight.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Vile posted:

Sorry you don't want to face reality kid but Obama is not going to be the nominee

lol

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Have you toxxed for Bernie? If not, the toxx thread is right over there ~~~>

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Bernie wishes he was obama

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

bird cooch posted:

Bernie wishes he was obama

dont we all?

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
I feel like people nowadays tend to forget that Obama was loving BLACK in 2008 and overwhelming conventional wisdom was that a loving BLACK person would not be electable for decades, at least. Like, it wasn't even an "eh he probably wont win" thing, it was more of like what the gently caress is wrong with you for even giving this guy the time of day kind of thing

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Did you never hear the man talk? His keynote at the dnc had me ready to go.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

bird cooch posted:

Did you never hear the man talk? His keynote at the dnc had me ready to go.
maybe he'll get picked up by probable-nominee edwards for the VP slot in 07, or hillary if she ends up running

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wait, progressive tax brackets don't create a situation where if you barely hit the next threshold you get hit with a much higher percentage?

I'm not american so this is confusing as hell to me.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wait, progressive tax brackets don't create a situation where if you barely hit the next threshold you get hit with a much higher percentage?

progressive taxes only apply to money made after a certain amount. if you are taxed 10% for the first 80 dollars, then 20% for the next 10 dollars, then 30% for the next 10 dollars. if you make 81 dollars, only 1 dollar is taxed by 20%. if you make 91 dollars, only 1 dollar is taxed by 30%

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

nope, if you barely hit the next threshold (say you go $1000 over) then only that $1000 is charged at the higher rate.

the misunderstanding that your total income is taxed at its highest-bracket rate is a viral meme among americans who are full of poo poo

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
there are ppl that think that if you go up a tax bracket you make less money, which is basically americas problems in a nutshell regarding taxes

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vile posted:

They usually get thrown up on YouTube the next day

Minsky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxJ4Kyl6y-8

I think that channel has the rest too

Thanks, Sanders.
Thanders.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Vile posted:

Trump U has never been brought up at all so I imagine journalists have tried to pin it on Trump but he had some level of plausible deniability

Is that like the Ron Paul Survival Newsletter?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Vile posted:

No one cares about companies going bankrupt.

If this was true then Fiorina would be more popular. Hell, HP didn't even go bankrupt, they just laid off thousands and thousands of people.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vile posted:

Strange 466-500 pays less?! There are some supporters for the commie!!

If/when Sanders becomes president do you plan on leaving the country? :allears:

white sauce has issued a correction as of 14:05 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
O'Malley won

• Locked thread