Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
This show was a pleasant surprise, glad to read it's getting a season 2! Stopped watching somewhere in the middle cause they started downplaying the supernatural and i got the unpleasant taste that they were trying to make Bones 2, but i guess that was a fakeout or they changed their mind cause the last part of the season was very good i thought.

I just hope they don't milk the whole "Chloe is always 1inch from discovering Lucifer is Satan, but naaaaah the devil isnt real, lol lets solve crime" for so long that it gets too stale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Tricia Helfer hot in Battlestar Galactica.

Battlestar Galactica was apparently 14 years ago.

Tricia Helfer still hot.

I'm old.

Devil release me from this bittersweet existence.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Wow, strong start to the season. Lots of symbolism and i'm left with lots of questions, love it. And yeah All Along the Watchtower was a cheap jab at my heartstrings that i totally loved.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
drat that was really good and kinda heavy. I love this show. I especially like how they aren't afraid of calling god out on his bs.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo this show is so loving good. When Lucifer started playing The Unforgiven and Amenadiel slowly and furiously comes to the realisation that he does not respect God anymore, drat. That was a good scene. I was hoping Tom Ellis would start singing tho, it's such a perfect song for grief and anger and he has such a good voice.

It's funny to think back to when i started watching this show, i was thinking that this was gonna be about the big bad devil punishing people. Instead it's about the gradual humanization of Satan and for some reason it works so good. I'm not religious in any way, but it's still funny to catch myself booing God and rooting for the Devil.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I thought it was weird cause as a world class surgeon or whatever she was, wouldn't she do more harm if she was unable to do surgery? But i don't think it's worth it to put much thought into the case of the week, it's just a playground for a drama about the devil to unfold in.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Astribulus posted:

They didn't forget it. It backfired spectacularly. It wasn't a matter of finding a path to heaven, but rather a way of bringing Lucifer as well. His mother wants her children back. She wanted Lucifer and Chloe to become closer specifically so it would hurt him more when the truth was revealed about Chloe's origins. Knowing she was part of some divine plan would have the double effect of severing the tie keeping him on earth and putting him back on the warpath against his father. When Lucifer stormed the gates of heaven, she would be right there at his side.

What she consistently fails to understand about her son is Lucifer's need for self determination. His deepest desire is freedom, not just from God's plan but anyone's. Despite literally going to hell to save him, his mother's machinations are unforgivable to Lucifer. He's cut ties not only with Chloe but with everyone in a desperate attempt to reclaim his independence. He's angry, hurt, and unwilling to trust. I expect he's not going to be in good shape when someone who loves him finally catches up with him in May.

Very good post. I truly can't wait for May. This dumb show that i initially thought back in season 1 would be some trashtier TV to hold me over until Vikings or whatever i was into back then came back on has really become my favorite piece of TV in almost a decade.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

I'm glad i didn't know that season 3 was a uncertainty or i would have been p nervous D:

edit: this is my third page snype of the day :69snypa:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Finally.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

counterfeitsaint posted:

If god is omnipotent, isn't every pairing that has, or ever will, occur because of him?

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How come they don't say Satan on the show? Is that a bad word?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Wow, really good episode! I thought the last two after it came back on were kinda weak, but this one was great.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
WHAT THE gently caress

Give me the next season right now :negative:

edit: wait what, is this actually a DC comics show? i googled to find out when season 3 is and i found a article talking vaguely about how Lucifer is set in the DC universe and is a DC character
edit2: huh, it is, i had no idea. well, i hope Barry Allen never makes it here

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 30, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Hope they 're not gonna milk this whole romance thing too much. I've been worried it's gonna go the Bones route since day one and be endless seasons of "will they or wont they" when the romance plotline isn't really that interesting compared to THE FREAKING DEVIL

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Just because "Goddess" was involved doesn't mean the original woman wasn't raped.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Hell yeah, it's back and it's still really good.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

drainpipe posted:

It was good but they really need to go somewhere with the will they/won't they of Lucifer's reveal to Chloe.

Aggreeeeed.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC didn't they say this story arc was only going to be a couple of episodes because these were originally just going to be attached to the end of last season?

Yes, they said something like that. I thought the first few episodes were gonna be flashbacks to flesh out the previous season, but that didn't happen so i'm very confused.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Does god show up in the comics?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Neat, i hope he appears on the show too.

Edit: Jesus christ, did you guys see the cranial scar on the actor portraying the guy with the micropenis? It looks like his head has been cut off at the top at some point, wonder what the hell would leave a scar like that.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 9, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I think it might have, ahem, aired a day late or something? At least the um tv-station... where i watch it didn't air it yesterday, but err it was there this morning!

I liked the episode, it was pretty emotional, but i find myself wishing for more supernatural and more advancement to the "lucifer is the actual devil" plot and less drama/cop stuff.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Maybe episodes 2-5 were those 4 filler episodes they were talking about having made?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Every show needs comic relief characters that are often enough more or less isolated, don't pity a actor actually getting paid work/it makes sense/don't over-think it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
"And the best part? The doors aren't even locked, you can leave any time you want." Doors clearly locked with CHAINS and people desperately banging on them to get out in last shot :v:

Totally okay episode tho.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

grack posted:

I think that may have been more to screw with Reese than anything else.

His WAS unlocked, so yeah maybe!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Man, this episode had a lot of plotlines.

The Ella/Cylon plotline and the shrink/Amenadiel plotlines i enjoyed a lot cause they dealt with divinity and people trying to come to grips with the supernatural and were either p funny or kinda moving. But the actual main plot of Lucifer/Chloe is just really starting to stagnate i think and i'm starting to get bored with it. Something needs to happen there.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
No new episode this week?!?! Boooooo

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
That ending :discourse:

Really good episode! Feels like the show is out of the funk it has been in the last few ones and this more a return to form with non-stop interesting plotlines.
Surprised to see Tricia Helfer really knocking it out of the park this season. Not surprised by her acting cause i know shes a good actress, but surprised they brought back a character i never expected to return and made me so extremely invested in her.

Lucifer doesn't seem like he is romantically interested in Decker anymore, idk if that's just a failure in writing/acting or the case. The "will they/wont they" plot never much appealed to me anyway, a bromance would be much more interesting to me. You see romances non-stop in shows/movies, but rarely you see true friendship.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

I'm really doubting that this guy is actually the Sinnerman. He probably destroyed his eyes to avoid Lucifer revealing it.

I was thinking that too. The guy must either believe he is the Sinnerman then or be extremely devoted/brainwashed. Speaks a lot of this guys power if so.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
This episode eventually grew on me, the fight scene was cool and holy poo poo the ending scene was glorious as always (this show does the last few minutes sooo good so consistently), but i hope there are a lot less of these "fit in anywhere" episodes to come.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Please don't loving do this.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Freakin sportsball :negative:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I wonder why they backpedalled so hard on the Chloe makes the devil weak/hot and bothered/desperate to figure her out plotlines. If this show didn't have such good secondary characters it would be extremely bad right now without it imo.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Really into the Tricia Helfer plot, i really feel like the show needs to embrace the supernatural aspect a bit more than what it does. This was the first episode where i started skipping through the case/Lucifer&Chloe drama. Which isn't a very good sign, but i imagine it's about to pick up.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Just started catching up after deciding to start rewatching the entirety of Supernatural cause "it'll probably not take too long" back in February.

How come the last two episodes are so janky? They feel so out of place and big cop out after the end of the Pierce arc reeeeeeeee
Also, do you guys think the show will change any when it switches to Amazon? Have any other shows been picked up by Amazon that we can compare with?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Netflix, not Amazon. Also those last two episodes were holdovers that were supposed to be slotted into next season when it was going to air on Fox.

Ah yeah, i assumed it was something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
That's good then. I don't watch Netflix at all outside when Stranger Things has a new season so i know next to nothing about it and i had read rumblings about them "destroying shows by inserting politics", but it was probably just dumb fearmongering and regular internet dumpster making GBS threads.

Also super shocked to find out that Aimee Garcia is just 3 months away from 40, she looks like shes in her early 20s. Shes working some of that Katheryn Winnick dark magic.

• Locked thread