Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think she said she was a demon. She got that rocking demon face when she was sleep stalking Decker anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He SAID he got better :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love the writing on the show, because it leads to stuff like this in the background :allears:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

I'm also starting to wonder about angel anatomy. I assumed that Amendiel's wound was fatal because it was a demonic Blade, but with any amount of healing factor you would think an angel could survive getting shived in the gut. Lucifer gets shot in the gut and dies in less than 60 seconds. Maybe angels are like vulcans their hearts are down there?

He got plugged in the liver, so yea, that's a pretty quick bleed out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Plus, the few times he has actually shown his evil meanie face it's lead to some serious mental breakdowns.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, that preacher dude kinda went mental.

Or, mentaler I guess.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bluray is coming out on Aug. 23rd :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay!!!!!

We weren't able to do silver because the detail is CRAZY tiny, but he is looking at seeing about getting a silversmith to tackle the idea.

Until then, I'ma have to be happy with these guys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She was a pretty great CatWoman on the second season of Powers. The only other thing I can recall her from was a single episode of Supernatural (which, iirc, was pretty good.)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, they obviously got a small budget bump since they got a whole new police station set.

Still, show doesn't feel like it's missed a beat. The only irritating part was that IN 2 WEEKS portion of the trailer :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They had such a big reaction to Father Frank in season 1 that they wanted to bring in a character to have the whole faith interaction with Lucifer. There's already 2 detectives, so a CSI kinda person makes the most sense for a police style show.

According to Mom, when Lucifer caught her at the end, his pants ripped :newlol: . Here's hoping that makes the blooper reel.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, considering you apparently need a body to jump into when you leave hell (or heaven too, maybe), maybe it will just come up as human blood since the guy Lucifer hopped into was human.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, the more I thought about that after hitting reply, the more I realized I was off.

I think Mom needed a body because she's literally a cosmic god like being, and doesn't HAVE a physical presence. Lucifer and Amenadiel are both rocking the bodies God gave em, same as I'd imagine with Maze.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apparently he ad libbed the whole "stealing a brick of coke" part :haw:

Personally I loved the episode. Next weeks look a little bit weird though...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, I was laughing at that part. The dude blue balled him completely.

i just assumed it was a sad little angry man doing a fake confession for street cred / "people will think I'm a tough guy to be reckoned with" when they thought he did it. Once it fell through, he went back to not mattering, just like the rest of his life.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I SAID GET NAKED was amazing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"please... don't......tell anyone....I died... like this....."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, didn't call that in the least.

Have a feeling the next few episodes are going to really show off Ellis's acting. He's already playing an unhinged walking Id, no telling what shanking his brother is going to lead to.

Wondering if Azrael is gonna show up to try and shiv him though. Hell, maybe Azrael is actually Chloe somehow and that's why he's all non powered around her, cause he's mortal around the walking incarnation of death.

No loving idea, but hot drat am I gonna be glued to the tv when the new episodes air.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 25, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, but the angels we've met are super arrogant and like to grandstand, so the plain sword does sort of stand out as kind of low-key for the sword of the angel of death.

To be honest it looked like a repainted dollar store christian warrior sword.

I'd have expected, I dunno, some kinda big hand scythe or something just... blingy. Shiny? Less utilitarian?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm hoping that's the default setting and was only playskool's babbys first angel sword because the whittlest angel was using it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This show man, if anyone had told me that I'd be watching (and loving) a show where I can be made to actually feel bad about THE DEVIL HIMSELF 5 years ago, I'd have laughed in their face.

Those feels man, when he realized he kinda blew her mind with the reveal. Even the demon face (which, god drat dude, how hosed up did you GET in that fall?) had a look of nervous longing like "Please accept me", and when it flashed back to Tom, you could see the heartbreak. God drat dude, the writers are killing it this season but Tom is loving DESTROYING it when it comes to acting. I'm hoping he wins an award or something, cause holy gently caress this dude can act.

I'm pretty sure the Doc is gonna be a bit off her rocker, what with discovering that God/Devil/Angels/etc exist, but then toss in the whole "Oh hey wow I had sex with Satan willingly for like half a year" and here's hoping she's not catholic cause holy poo poo the guilt that has to lob back at you has gotta be major.

Just gonna buckle my seatbelt and enjoy the ride though, they haven't let me down yet.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 3, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, weird, Chloe's dad is coming to the show, and he's being played by.... MAZE'S HUSBAND! (in real life, that is).

Kinda wondering if they are gonna hook up and make out in front of Chloe just for the "EW ICK DAD NO" factor.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 4, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea there's a damned good reason that when the angels showed up to someone in the bible. the first words they uttered were normally something like "BE NOT AFRAID MORTAL".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've already had the discussion for the second spoiler, and basically she told him that it was her who begged God to just cast him out and not utterly destroy him, so yea in a weird way it is a gift.

As far as the first one goes, I think basically it's less like the comic version, and more along the line of "This is the aftermath of getting beaned with Dad's thunderbolt and blown down into hell via the express route". If it turns out it isn't, it honestly would not surprise me to imagine that he had Maze flay him to remove any and all reminders of what he looked like before he got cast down. She already cut off his wings, so it's not like he's not for self mutilation in a weird way. It'd fit with the whole pride bit too.

Pure speculation on that second one, but it sounds good in my head.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Whoa. Apparently Joe Henderson (exec producer) got a phone call on his personal private cell tonight from a Trump supporter, bitching at him for supporting Hillary.

That's pretty god damned scary.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

The baby angel of death....

SIDS?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, drat. I just realized the rest of the season will be Dan making "Your Mom" jokes to Lucifer.

"Detective Douche!"
"Well, I douched your mom"
"DAMMIT"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought that might be the case, but then I remembered the sheer revulsion from the whole "Reverse Cowgirl" mention and the "Check out these spectacular hindquarters!" moments.

Dan has something to lord (hah, bad pun) over Lucifer from now till, well, forever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, it got me too. I thought for a min we were gonna see just how close that whole "An angel can't kill a mortal" can get to "An angel can royally gently caress up a mortal but not kill them", but then boom, :toot:

Also, I think Mom might be getting stronger. When she first lobbed that dude across the alley it was one hell of a shove. The dude in the bathroom she barely tapped and he went flying. Reminded me of Smallville when Clark tapped his dad in that fight scene in season 3?, or when Lex shrugged and sent his dad flying into the car in Season 4 I think.

I'm completely sure someone (probably Lucifer if the plot holds) is gonna get his rear end handed to him by one parent or another.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

loving :lol:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One of the show runners said they are just following the same setup as Gotham, so that might be why there's a weird hiatus going on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, the little asian girl who successfully managed to creep out the lord of darkness himself. That was amazing :allears:

Anyone else thinking "They are talking about Maze" when they started discussing the girl with the death stare and creepy vibe?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think you mean Omundson.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"You are powerful and... tall"

Loved that part.

Man, I'm stealing a line from a friend, but this show is giving me emotional whiplash. Going from such pure happiness and joy to soul crushing sadness is just, god drat Ellis is a great actor.

Wondering if he's gonna bring the doc back from the dead to make the cure?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, the episode plot was poo poo, but the meta plot was pretty good.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving LOVE Rachel Harris's character. Just the idea that Lucifer had a therapist had me so worried for the show, but they have handled it amazingly. Especially with the whole reveal/breakdown/friendship angle. I loved that "Do you do this often? Just, a big celestial get together?" scene.

From what I remember, the weirdly sexual posing from that knife episode was just improv from Ellis and Ella, and god drat it was amazing :)

It's gonna be a long 3 months man :saddowns:

Regarding Mom's character, Maze said something earlier in the season about how she's locked into that body now, and if she dies, she just goes back to hell. Dunno if it had anything to do with the whole "Resisting" thing she was talking about, but it helps make sense about why/how she returned to the lawyer lady. Some serious acting chops on Helfer too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like they are moving the filming actually to Los Angeles for season 3.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Plus a tax break. Betting the cast was fairly gung ho about it as well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I still love that this made it into the show after so long.

https://twitter.com/virtual_don/status/756965097314983937

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm just stunned they made it through an entire episode without one joke about Johnson. Especially given the writing team AND the stars of the show. You'd think that would have been one of the first things to end up in the script.

• Locked thread