Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It might have been.

They left it a bit open ended in case they want to return to the plot idea. The guy does work in mysterious ways, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think you guys and gals are missing the obvious. We get to see Lucifer gently caress with Tom welling for a season. And Dan. This is going to be amazing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rappaport posted:

OMG One of the folders in the final scene was labled Gaudium :neckbeard: (Final scene spoiler!!!!)

Liked this episode a lot more than the previous :)

I was wondering wtf that meant.

I know it's latin for Joy, but I'm guessing it's a comic reference (and I've never read much of the comic).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not unless he's become a black guy. The actor they cast makes his 1st appearance in episode 6 I think.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

OK, so am I crazy, or when Bad T. Guyington got shot in tonight's episode, did he utter "Fuckin' leg!!" under his breath?

I could not get closed captioning, because apparently they're not doing that again (they'd fixed it for a while ["they" being my cable carrier {yes, I know, cable... but dish sucks and I am not cutting the cord--if I did, where would I send my $250 every month?}, Spectrum], because of complaints, but apparently now that functionality is gone again), but I listened to is a bunch and it really sounded like an F-bomb.

Sounds a lot like it, but he basically grunts and says "my leg!"

That "UNGH" noise doesn't help much.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Had the ending spoiled by looking at twitter :argh:

Still, great ending. Only downside to the episode seemed to be a weird editing/pacing feel to it. Dunno why, just felt "off".

Looking forward to the mid season finale next week!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, they ARE the window to the soul.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, what an ending.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Too big of a theological debate. Can God create a knife to kill something that he says can't die?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else happy they aren't white-washing Cain?

In Supernatural it turned out that Abel was getting tricked by Lucifer, so Cain killed him because if he didn't, Lucifer was going to end up owning Abel and Cain loved his bro too much to let that happen.

Here though, they are just like "Oh yea, I killed him. You think I give half a gently caress about some rando in a scarf at a bar?"

And I am loving it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm still kinda peeved they had an entire episode with a dude named God Johnson and made absolutely no dick jokes whatsoever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cain going after Chloe does make sense though. I don't think he knew about Lucifer's mortality near her (although he did knew she was a scion, so I don't remember exactly), so he probably reckons if he spends a lot of time with her, he'll become mortal as well, and maybe finally get to die.

I dunno, I've enjoyed this season. Last season was better, but I think that was due to the overall story arc, where we seem to have switched gears a few times this season. Last season was about mom getting home and wrecking God, and Luci was all for slamming the gates behind her and loving off to Earth again.

This season was about Sinnerman/the wings mystery, then about Cain and now the romantic triangle between Chloe/Lucifer/Cain.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like the season. Could be tighter but I've also seen way way way worse. It's pretty late in the season for the plot twist for the whole love triangle thingie. Only like 4 episodes left.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It wasn't that he was a bad actor, it's just they really didn't give him much range to work with.

That episode where he bodyswapped with Lionel Luthor was god damned amazing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda surprised they were even thinking it's her. Didn't the episode a few weeks back for the flashback say she couldn't kill anyone?

LOVED Tricia Helfer in this episode. She is not really well known as a dramatic actor but drat they are giving her some great material to work with and she is killing it.

Hating that 3 week break again though :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, nope, I was mistaken. I flipped through the episode and she doesn't mention any particular reason she couldn't just kill anyone. Angels can't, but apparently demons are free reign types.

Kinda surprised Lucifer didn't just bust out the I CREATED YOU bit when she was going off on him. Maybe in this universe the demons aren't created by him?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
OH... poo poo. This week's episode is pretty good.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was kind of ambivalent on if I liked this episode or not, but this tweet just moved it firmly into the loved category.

https://twitter.com/LesleyAnnBrandt/status/991119074561114112

This one as well : https://twitter.com/tomellis17/status/991156581059280896

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:stonk:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a mild ray of hope out there. Brooklyn 99 got renewed for a 6th season after some outpouring from the fans, so we can hope they listen to the lucifer fans as well.

Best idea I heard today was a mail in campaign like what they did for Jericho, but with douches :haw:

I'm pissed the show is cancelled, but I'm not surprised since this is Fox and they hate anything I like to watch.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some of the cast and I think the show runners just announced it on twitter.

I haven't watched Gotham. Batman before Batman seems kinda dumb to me, but if people dig it, I'm more than happy to let em watch it. Ya gotta let people enjoy things.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's a great actor. I sincerely doubt a more accurate version is ever going to make it to network tv though.

Netflix or hbo maybe?

The real pisser about this is going to be the million moms group taking credit via their boycott of Olive garden.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He never showed his wings to Chloe because he hated them. From his perspective, they were basically a sign from Dad that was letting him know he was being hosed with, continually. First he's literally given a love interest that was literally made for him so he has no idea if she liked him for him, or because Dad intended it that way.

Same with the lack of devil face. He tried to show her who he really was (not just the devil but literally his identity to himself, his "true" face), and found out he got hosed over AGAIN because "his" face was gone.

That's why he never bothered with the wings. He didn't need to prove he was an angel, but he wanted to show her who he was, not what he used to be or what Dad intended for him.

It's all about the free will and him being pissed about Dad always loving with him.

Also man I hope amazon grabs it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now we can have naked people, swear words, way more blood and gore, and most importantly we can get a resolution to that ballbuster of a cliffhanger.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Article just says episode count is TBD.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, he was stuck up for a while because of the show's being a hit and all, but he was also putting in 16 hour days playing Clark so I can kinda forgive him on being a but of a dick.

I think a very big part of it was he honestly didn't understand the fandom. He didn't do conventions by choice until recently, and he was looking at it as a job instead of "oh poo poo these people really like what I'm doing"

He was on Rosenbaum's podcast a few months back and they went into his never going to cons, etc.

Also, he was a former model before he got the Smallville job and I'm 90% sure thats what kicked off the attitude.

He has seemed to relax a bit over the years and become less of a pain in the rear end to work with, so I'm kinda hoping he's in the commentary for the dvds for this season.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, they said it's gonna be a darker tone this new season, so here's hoping it's more like season 1.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why did you have to go and bring dad into this? <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He just rolled up junk out on the detective in season 1 when she went to see him. I think she'd had mentioned something missing. Same scene where she sees his scars for the first time.

• Locked thread