Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

In the comics, it is less that stuff escapes hell (as far as I remember anyway, it was ages since I read it) but that people got very interested in owning the keys to hell for various reasons.

There's like .05% similarity between what we've seen of this show and the comic series. I really think they just happen to share the same title and are basically unrelated.

It's not really doing anyone anything but a disservice to speak about the comic and this one like there was any sort of parity between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

OH GOD THE SHOW IS IN DANGER!

ONE MILLION MOMS HAS ORGANIZED A BOYCOTT OF OLIVE GARDEN FOR BEING A SPONSOR OF THIS DEVIL WORSHIPING SHOW.

OH, HOW THIS WILL AFFECT THE RATINGS. OH GOD.

:devil:

probably not much. This pilot felt pretty cookie-cutter to me, tbh.

Like, HE'S THE DEVIL...his power is that he can sorta read minds and people lose their inhibitions. And he solves police cases? what?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hangedman1984 posted:

Lol, has anything One Million Moms ever been the slightest bit effective

They made the cheerios commercial more popular.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I don't think people are upset by it not following the comic, but rather are annoyed by how bland and rote this procedural detective show is.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Boogaleeboo posted:

You say that, but for the longest time there's been ABC airing badly performing pity shows from God Disney, Netflix prestige dramas, and the CW and it's DC block. Everything else sucked wind and failed inside a year. If Supergirl makes it to season 2 that will actually buck a trend.

Are you kidding? EVERYBODY wants a piece of the superhero pie. Supergirl's gonna be staying for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ninurta posted:

This is the most TVIV of threads. Seriously, get a grip. It is a pilot, it will either get better or worse and you can vent your angst then.

You can't judge a show based upon its currently released episodes - you have to divine its future potential? I didn't realize. My bad.

• Locked thread