Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
Absolute cheese and camp. Stupid, silly, cookie-cutter, oh-no-you-did-not, unimaginative, contrived tropes, I love it.

About as serious as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Lots of potential for off-the-charts wonky plots and cameo's.

Demon fight scene was so bad and reminded me of Wesley Snipe's Blade. Demon face CGI shows they are taking themselves seriously enough for a good laugh.

Very diverse cast. Hope I can keep watching without noticing the over the top acting (the female supermodel cop plays Deb from Dexter and Lucifer lays it on so thick it may become a parody of itself).

I hope they drag out that female-cop-is-mother-mary-angel-schtick 'till eternity. I think they took it from The Devil's Advocate (with another overacting devil). Then the inevitable breakdown of Lucifer back to his old angry evil self, with humanity saving him from sowing mayhem at the last minute. This could be fun for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009

Eddain posted:

Uh, what? Jennifer Carpenter is currently playing an FBI agent on the show Limitless.
This show may too produce a type cast or two.

It's not as much playing the Deb Dexter character as it is the: close Blue Steel mouth and tilt head forward with stoic look. Its a mannerism she practiced in the mirror and I like to think it is in the scripts, much like Eddie Murphie's ha-ha-ha! laugh or Tom Cruise clenching his cheeks by biting his teeth.

I can't see me watching this show like I did The Wire, Oz or Billions, so I hope to have it jump the shark at least once an episode. This show will be my guilty pleasure, the devil made me say it.

(Noticed the camera framing of Lucifer, it often prominently shows his back with dark silhouette in frame (this one added in post-production?))

I thought this video was cute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdfJ_Yp4xfc

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
Best episode so far. Seems like it doesn't want to be Buffy, it wants to be True Blood. Perhaps they did some retakes/re-edits to add more flair? I also thought the "scary face" was more convincing. The cover of sinner man and the final shot of the wings were beautiful. 6 Seasons 'till I get bored of this.

- What can I get ya?
- Yes. I'll have two tropic wonders... and your face smashed into the ground.

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
Camera work & Effects:

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelpusherbot
Jun 3, 2009
Lucifer: "Ah. Speaking of the ... me."

Lucifer: "At least she could see what he was thinking."

• Locked thread