Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I have this feeling after watching the pilot that we're in another Constantine situation where the lead actor does a great job in a show that's not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

They're going to run out of devil themed songs by the half-way point of the season...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

pentyne posted:

Why does Fox hate production order so much?

The serious answer is that they probably think that episodes 3 - 9 are kind of weak and wanted to try putting a stronger episode up front to avoid viewer drop off. Not that those episodes will actually be weak, of course, but that's why they'd do it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fleve posted:

I mean, what would it change? Say you find out the nice bloke over at the grocery store is actually Zeus.

Well, for one thing I'd keep women, children, and pets away from him.

After this week's episode I don't think I can go on with the show. Everything besides Tom Ellis is just so terrible, lazy, and boring. It feels like everyone involved gave up after settling on a concept.

But just to add to the debate, I initially thought that Lucifer was set in a world where people weren't generally aware of the devil even as a legendary figure. If someone came up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Lucifer Morningstar," my first reaction would be, "Why did you pick a terrible name for yourself? Also, that fedora looks terrible." Nobody on the show seemed to notice how tacky the idea of someone calling himself "Lucifer" was. But apparently people are well aware of the connection...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

computer parts posted:

People don't normally pick out their names.

Anyone calling themselves "Lucifer Morningstar" in the real world has.

• Locked thread