Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

"Missed me?"

Literally the best and/or worst pun I think I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

EricFate posted:

I appreciate that the show has gotten me to laugh out loud on several occasions during each episode, but that has been entirely due to the strength of the lead actor.

It really is perfect casting. If they had gotten someone even a little less adept at this role then I'd already chucked this show in the garbage.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Isn't it already basically a self-parody?

I still can't over the "missed me" pun from last episode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

pixelpusherbot posted:

I can't see me watching this show like I did The Wire, Oz or Billions, so I hope to have it jump the shark at least once an episode.

Here's the thing, those were all serious dramas. This a POLICE PRODUCERAL where the eccentric genius is THE DEVIL. It's jump the shark, the show.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pinky Artichoke posted:

He shares buffoonery and group sex with Elementary's version of Sherlock but he's no eccentric genius. I keep waiting for him to drop some wisdom or just common sense derived from observing humanity from the beginning of time...but nope. He's continuously all "why are you doing this thing that isn't unusual at all?"

My bad, when I say eccentric genius I mean that specific character archetype which has been re-used a billion times since what, numbers, house and the mentalist set the ball rolling? Police procedural oriented around a white guy with a talent/superpower, who is also a weirdo.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Don't forget Psych!

Psych was at least intentionally funny.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I cracked the gently caress up at the model's being a cheeseburger though. That's a girl who has her head on straight :colbert:

I really liked that line and I feel like the show has been oddly somber about these moments so far. Another good one was the paparazi in the crowd, his deepest desire was being respected for photographing. Poor guy hated himself just as much as his victims did him. :smith:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Deakul posted:

This has promise but I hope to hell that it moves away from being just another boring procedural cop show soon.

Oh to be so young and naive. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Limitless did it. But the king of csi doesn't have his name attached to that show.

It did? poo poo, I dropped that show like 4 episodes in.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

I hadn't heard anything about this since HBO passed, looks like Starz is doing it now? How does that bode for the series, I've never watched any original content on there.

Starz did Spartacus which, beyond being my favorite action show ever, was basically Downtown Abbey combined with Game of Thrones in roman times with better characters, better dialogue, copious amounts of gore&sex and a pacing which practically never dropped. It did also have one of the worst pilots of all time however.

Black Sails has spectacular ship action at the beginning and end of every season but can be kinda hit and miss on the island drama.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I hate procedurals in general with a passion and still appreciate Lucifer. :shrug:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Didn't we have record producer in the pilot?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

Here's a weird idea and please, here me out: what if you just showed an episode every week instead of not for no reason.

Heresy!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Alchenar posted:

Confession isn't a magic ticket, you have to genuinely repent and be sorry and try to make amends etc etc. It doubly doesn't count if you commit sins with the intention of just going to confession later and washing it all away.

Eh, that depends on which of the many branches of Christianity you ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

I hope nobody has forgotten that season 2 starts in 2 days.

2 days??? I thought this wouldn't be back until winter.

• Locked thread