Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

This is basically a cross between Forever and Rush, two of my favorite shows so this is pretty much my jam (Tom Ellis with his real accent doesn't hurt either)

I had no idea this was more comic book crap, ugh. I should just assume every new show on TV is based on a comic now

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm hoping it sticks around as well. I like the idea, and the show's lead is having a blast playing the literal devil.

I miss Forever as well. It was an awesome show that needed a second season, but from what I've read about what would happen in the second season, it might have not gotten a third. There was talk of a younger immortal love interest, as well as bringing Adam back as the main bad guy again.

As much as I liked the show, that's getting a little too close to Highlander and Richie sticking around for my tastes.

At least I have my replica of Henry's autopsy knife :ese:

Glad there are a few people in here who liked Forever.

Which was also a cop show helmed by someone who was somewhat supernatural-esque and stuff. And the pilot was fairly rote but the lead carried it with their performance. And then the writing caught up and it got fairly good balancing everything while still being a cop show. Being a cop show really is only an insult if all you're gonna do with it is be a boring procedural with nothing fun or interesting to offer. At least with the Lucifer pilot Tom Ellis oozes charisma. That's worth coming back to IMO to see where they take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
It might depend, we'll have to see next Monday cause it doesn't have the X-files reboot leading into this one.

On topic though I hope more of the episodes round out to be like this one. iZombie is probably one of the better examples of doing procedural and serial elements with the right ratio. Granted they don't have to do 22 episodes a year so I personally don't mind a few clunkers or just mostly-nothing episodes since Tom Ellis is incredibly fun to watch.

• Locked thread