Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghosthotel posted:

It's actually a lot more unmarketable than that. He get's the aborted baby from a priestess who was cursed by her gods because she got pregnant, so they caused her to miscarry and to live the same day for eternity so she had a miscarriage every day for a thousand years before Lucifer grants her death in exchange for her 1000 year old pissed off baby ghost. Not exactly prime time Fox material.

I doubt any kind of TV adaptation would be able to faithfully adapt a lot of what happens in the comic, but I can see the frustration when the one adaptation that does make it to TV ends up being a procedural cop drama. Simple solution here is to just not watch the show, the comics are still there and still really good.

As a fan of the comic, I would be satisfied with something that didn't necessarily follow the stories of the book but at least kept the characters true. Lucifer doesn't give a drat about humanity but he does respond when events interfere with him. Instead of "I'm the naughty sexy not-evil Devil" you could stick to that and have him get involved in the crime solving only because it all pieces together into a greater supernatural conspiracy. As for Mazikeen, in the comics she wears a half-mask to pose as human so you'd only have to show what she really is once - and a key early part of her plot is that she's healed to look totally normal anyway. The only one they've got right is Amenadiel, who is a complete angry dildo in the comic and is definitely a bad guy, but even then there's no reason for Lucifer to react to his threats or anger in the way he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

wormil posted:

I'm on the fence. Lucifer (the actor and character) was ... okay, he's enjoying it and that's good. He was fun. The girl cop (actress and character) was actually pretty good. But the writers laid it on too heavy that she is "special". I realize subtlety is uncommon in Prime Time but it was really heavy.

I thought Lucifer couldn't get her to reveal her innermost desire because she's already got it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Collateral posted:

Is there a daughter called Elaine?

The daughter is Myra, I think.

• Locked thread