Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Seems like this would be a lot better if I just imagine it is in no way related to the comic book (cuz it pretty much isn't).

muscles like this? posted:

The comic book Lucifer isn't good or evil but instead follows his own morality of gently caress you I'll do what I want Dad!!!. Which is why he hates God so much.

Fixed it for ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

This is basically a cross between Forever and Rush, two of my favorite shows so this is pretty much my jam (Tom Ellis with his real accent doesn't hurt either)

I had no idea this was more comic book crap, ugh. I should just assume every new show on TV is based on a comic now

Its technically based on a comic, but really bares no similarities at all to the comic.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

OH GOD THE SHOW IS IN DANGER!

ONE MILLION MOMS HAS ORGANIZED A BOYCOTT OF OLIVE GARDEN FOR BEING A SPONSOR OF THIS DEVIL WORSHIPING SHOW.

OH, HOW THIS WILL AFFECT THE RATINGS. OH GOD.

:devil:

Lol, has anything One Million Moms ever been the slightest bit effective

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

pentyne posted:

Why does Fox hate production order so much?

I don't know, but I wish they would stop

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

It did? poo poo, I dropped that show like 4 episodes in.

It really is a much much better show than it has a right to be.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

computer parts posted:

I mean, Lucifer almost talked a guy off a building in this one.

He talked a guy off a building in a previous episode, just last time it was off the edge of the building

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

FRINGE posted:

The show writers dont seem to care that much about the comics they lifted the title from.

Hopefully its a red herring and "mum" is short for some deity-level prisoner of hell that has a name that has "mum" in it.

Could be like the thing from the end of the old world of darkness RPGs, Grand Maw into Grandmother (Grand Maw/Grandma)

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

HAIL SATAN!!

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Since both shows seems to going with a 'god is missing' thing, I'm really sad we'll never get a Preacher Lucifer crossover.

Both were Vertigo books too

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Snak posted:

I don't understand how Jesus had any descendants in Dogma. Do Catholics believe he had kids?

if memory serves it was more like he had nieces/nephews

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tiggum posted:

On the one hand, yes, but on the other hand, one of the very few bisexual characters on TV is literally the devil...

Well yes, but a devil that is a lovable scamp that helps solve crime.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tim Omundson should be in literally everything.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Snak posted:

Also he could have crossed that kitchen in 4 steps tops. Less than 3 seconds, and tackled her away from the disposal.

Sudden movement might have made her jumpy, trying to calmly talk her out of it (while slowly and subtly getting closer to her) seems like the best strategy.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

algebra testes posted:

I burned out on this show half way through s2 but binged back up.

God this show is so good.

Edit: the moment when the show works out its supporting cast os really strong and givs them more screen time is when it really kicks up a notch.

Definitely way better than Law&Order: Devil Division has a right to be

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Medullah posted:

I was very uncomfortable with this episode because I too have a friend with a micro-penis and I don't think it's very funny to make fun of him!

Right, "a friend"

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Sports are dumb. :colbert:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Maybe Adam should have stuck with Lilith and just accepted a strong independent female partner, instead of whining to God that Lilith wouldn't do what he said.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

something that I read is some work of fiction I don't even remember anymore was that at this time no human had died before, and so Cain decided since God didn't like veggies than Cain sacrificed what he cared most for...his brother, not really understanding what that would mean.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Kinda surprised Lucifer didn't just bust out the I CREATED YOU bit when she was going off on him. Maybe in this universe the demons aren't created by him?

From the comics so no clue how relevant it is here, but in the comics Maze is descended from Lilith.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Is there any chance of a pick-up elsewhere?

There is a chance, but not necessarily a very good one.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah, I have no idea what "make Dan a back into a man" criticism is supposed to mean.

E: was explained above, don't agree, but better explained now.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

:raise:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

This seems hopeful:
http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/06/25/lucifer-season-4-to-introduce-major-new-character/

article posted:

some of the biggest early conflicts between the producers and the studio and network were the times when Henderson and Modrovich wanted to delve into the mythology behind Lucifer, which flew in the face of an understanding by the money people that the show would be more or less a police procedural.

It appears as though, heading into a fourth season and with a rabid fan base behind them, the pair are going to delve into a new area of the mythology when the series comes back to Netflix.

Also something about introducing a new character.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

atomicgeek posted:

I ran across "WILL LUCIFER GET MORE NAKED NEXT SEASON?" I didn't read it, but I chuckled. Yep, that's exactly what the people wanna know, bless you, internet clickholes.

I mean I kinda wanna know. :quagmire:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I would not mind Netflix putting in a "naked scene requirement" clause into Tom Ellis' contract.

The great thing is, Tom Ellis might not mind either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Forget about that; I just want a 'must sing in every episode' clause.

• Locked thread