Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So the show is going to be Lucifer telling people "Well, yeah I am the Devil" and no matter what he does or says no one will believe him? That sounds fun as hell for little asides like the intro streey preacher and the therapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

wormil posted:

It would be nice if, "I am the devil -- for reals!!" was something other than the vision of a bloody face. Why does the devil need to be ugly? I'm guessing that later maybe they show him to be less ugly. But a glimpse of punishment to come (or implied, but this show has no subtlety) would be better. My teen daughter likes it, my wife thinks it's poo poo, I'm still on the fence.

It's a cheap SFX that's not too expensive to do and conveys the point of hell-terror (like Hellraiser). That's all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"Holy poo poo that man just shoved a massive ex-NFL star 40 feet with a single push! What is he?!"

"I'm Lucifer, the Devil"

"Nah, that's not it. Just probably on steroids or something."

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

according to the production codes listed on wikipedia the episode we just saw is episode 10 so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much ongoing reaction to last episodes events for a while. Every other episode is being screened in order, which is pretty good by Fox standards.

Why does Fox hate production order so much?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I assumed they were going to take the "No one believes Lucifer" thing until the end of the season while he keeps claiming it but doesn't do anything to show it other then charm people into confessing their desires. After that it was either going to go into a supernatural show with police elements or still be a case of the week show with minor bits here and there of Lucifer doing powered stuff.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Production order is not going to be kind to this show. This was the 3rd episode and now Chloe firmly believes that Lucifer is just a normal guy and this is after people have seen the "Shoves guy 30 feet through glass" episode so anyone wanting to stick around for the meta-plot is going to quit and wait for the entire series to finish.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Is there anyone who has doubts that he set the fake pair on fire?

Kind of seems like it would've been extremely in character to burn them. He's discovering something new for the first time in existence and will absolutely refuse to let anyone else make a decision for him/trick him.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Can of Cloud posted:

Is this worth watching?

Episode 3 is actually episode 12 in production order so it seems a bit weird but everything after is in the correct order.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
That was some god awful green screen with Jim Rash and Lucifer on the roof.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It's pretty clear that Amenadiel is just using the letter of the law as hard as he can to make Luicfer go back to Hell. He was told to do it, so outside of Amenadiel personally committing a "falling" sin anything goes because that's the entire point of God vs Lucifer. Making mortals do terrible things is still 100% A-OK as far as God is concerned because mortals have free will

In most fiction, Lucifer rebels for whatever reason but "free will" is always a core factor. The cop Amenadiel brought back can choose not to kill Lucifer and just go back to Hell like he would've but if he shoots Luicfer then it's not like Amenadiel did anything wrong because dirty cop made a choice.

Literally everything about the myth of Luicifer boils down to "humans get free will" and other beings don't, so all the external pressure on a person don't matter, they can still consciously choose to do something and face the music for whatever it was.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Despite its premise Lucifer really is one of the better shows/procedural on right now and its amazing how well they've worked with the formula.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I think this show would be great with more Maze as a bounty hunter. Better yet, spin-off/constant crossover.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tarlibone posted:

I liked the exchange they had after Cain survived being stabbed with the Morgul Hell-forged demon blade.

L: So if I cut you in half, would there be two of you?
C: No, only one half would heal. I call it the Master Molecule Theory--
L: "Wolverine" rules, I know!

The best part was how eager Cain was to explain it and Lucifer just shuts him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Tom Welling got a reputation as dick, but as far as I know a major part of it went "I'm not wearing the supersuit, look how Christopher Reeve got typecast".

I thought it was him being rude as poo poo to fans and cast members.

• Locked thread