Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If they actually adapted that subplot from early series, it's a tiny step in the right direction. If it happens, he better pop newly-regained wings. Hopefully have even Michael show up, even for something like "hello, brother" moment because I can't see it going further into the story of his solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

As it happens, Bald White Dude does describe Solomon administering justice. Except he's closer to villain almost, and we can't have that in police procedural.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Just what exactly is it going to take, Mr. Lux flexing his status as Lightbringer and vaporizing something?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Somehow he managed to do it with Mazikeen, and Spera is surprised and/or amazed at learning said thing.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Lucifer ran Hell in the first place because it was the furthest place from Primum Mobile and Yahweh - I trust Samael didn't immediately come up with the idea of his own Creation all those eons ago, or if he even could do that without permission like the letter Amenadiel delivered.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

To be fair, that's pretty true to Mazikeen's character. Lucifer himself is just so different that they really don't match, but I suppose that's another standard dynamic of police procedurals with angry chief yelling at protagonist.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It really doesn't dwell on them, unless they're relevant to plot like House of Windowless Rooms. It collected trinkets to keep going after Shinto started falling out with stuff like the famous crucifixion cross sans Jesus, communist sickle and hammer, wedding gown of Lord Rama... and they picked up his wings too, which is the reason for Lucifer's visit there.

If those black bars are state of things, I doubt the above arc shows up.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Remiel is like that, and salty as hell when people start messing with the divine plan of Yahweh (by his interpretation anyway) - which I really hope to see but it doesn't really fit police procedural at all playing infernal politics.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Yahweh might show up like he did in source, after his plan progressed far enough. Meaning last 10 issues or so when every other piece has fallen into place basically.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Next thing you'll say is "I wish Fox aired episodes in order".

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

And said Hellblazer/Sandman had to be clumsily unified somehow back in early 90s. So yeah, stuff can get confusing.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Lilim in turn are half-whatever Lilith got herself pregnant with. Mazikeen herself has demon father though.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Even Dan Brown has some basis in his stuff, even if said basis is some obscure conspiracy theory. Scion wouldn't be out of place in equally obscure apocrypha.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

If he ever goes back to give it away *again*, that happened and is the reason Lux even exists.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

quote:

Well … just speaking for myself … and I'm going out on a limb here … I'd like to say that you're an arrogant, ungrateful son of a bitch on a permanent power trip.

That's from the comic, and apparently she or her counterpart hasn't appeared yet in the TV series. Given the direction as police procedural, maybe never.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

That would also take out easily half the elements that drive the entire plot forward since the very beginning. Source material anyway, show has gone entirely different direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Tom Welling got a reputation as dick, but as far as I know a major part of it went "I'm not wearing the supersuit, look how Christopher Reeve got typecast".

• Locked thread