Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

This week I see the title and think "OH poo poo SOMEONE IS MOVING IN ON HELL" and get excited at the prospect of a weird vaguely political demon vs lucifer kinda setup where someone is trying to take over hell since Lucifer is on vacation... and it's some pasty white kid with a poo poo accent.

Been a long time since I read the Sandman books, but I seem to recall Duma and Remiel had it pretty well covered after Lucifer left. Of course, if they decide to do the Elaine Belloc story arc, that could go right out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Skippy McPants posted:

That isn't old age; it's just terrible writing. Every character in the show has no traits aside from their single assigned stereotype, e.g. no-nonsense cop-lady, deadbeat ex, precocious child, angry guy, acerbic friend(?) of the protagonist etc. etc. Why would you remember anyone's name when the only memorable standout so far is Tom Ellis' boyish grin?

It is a Jerry Bruckheimer production. Writing is not going to be terribly high on the priorities list.

Otherwise Mazikeen might actually have appeared half demonic instead of being a fashion model, and the key relationships that Lucifer carried would be with the only other characters he respected in the books instead of the cop they invented.

Her charm immunity and ability to harm him is at least an interesting twist, and there are any number of interesting ways they could utilize it (like tie her to Crispus Allen somehow since her dad was a cop), but I am sure it will wind up being something stupid and nonsensical that got pulled out of somebody's rear end during a writers room coke binge.

I appreciate that the show has gotten me to laugh out loud on several occasions during each episode, but that has been entirely due to the strength of the lead actor. I don't even try to pretend that it shares anything with the source material beyond the name.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Medullah posted:

I groaned a bit when they brought out the Maz "daggers that can hurt Lucifer and Amenadiel" bit, that's getting a bit TOO close to Supernatural territory. :(

I didn't get the impression that she was going to try and end Amenadiel. I figured she was going to make an attempt at cutting off his wings.

• Locked thread