Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
There are a bunch of little nitpicky things which bug me, like why the detective would keep working with this guy who violates procedures in so many ways, like getting a suspect out of jail, kidnapping a second one and making them fight a mock duel, or here where he throws an arrested guy through a window. Oh Lucifer, you card you. Whatever will we do with your highly illegal actions?

It also bugs me that the original cop's plan was to hire the fixer to do something illegal and then arrest her for it. I guess entrapment doesn't exist in this universe.

And I agree that they can't keep both showing displays of supernatural power and having the cop deny that happening. Either would be fine, if she wasn't witnessing anything but an oddball, or realizing that he's serious and NOT an oddball, but that middle-of-the-road thing just doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I'm glad the show didn't keep us waiting too long for the reveal about the dirty cop being brought back from hell. Some things he said in the previous episode practically screamed that he had come back from hell.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think my favorite part of this episode was the guy completely believing Lucifer about what the coin was, no questions asked.

It's not like one of his titles is Lord of Lies or anything, just "Welp, ok cool" and that's it.

Thinking maybe that time in the coma done gave him the brain damage.

EVEN if it does turn out that yes, he wasn't lying, that is still one loving MASSIVE gamble to make at the moment. Not even a thought of "Let me just kill him and take the coin" or anything, just "Yup. I'm out!"

I love this show :allears:

It was kinda strange because for someone who wanted to avoid going back to hell, and who thought that meant killing Lucifer, he sure wasn't in any big hurry to do so. It's almost like he really didn't want to do it, even though nothing about him says anything other than "bad guy".

Pan Dulce posted:

I just wanted to ask, that bit at the end with a knife, it seems like he hesitated after he unsheathed it before cutting himself. Had he planned to use it on Chloe?

I thought he was going to ask her to cut him, but the method he used worked just as well. I don't think he had any murderous intentions towards her. It might in fact not be possible for him to kill her (technically still an angel).

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I do appreciate that Lucifer is pretty quick to catch on to some things, like his brother moving in next to his therapist, and here, after he gets shot and is fine, he pretty much immediately guesses that he's only mortal around Chloe, and he immediately goes to test his theory.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The most realistic police procedural is A Touch of Cloth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15IRXKn9LSU

Thanks for this, it's hilarious. I'll have to order some DVD's of it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

evilmiera posted:

Sure it will take him staright out of hell...right back into his dead body.

Yeah, I was wondering what good the coin would do if he dies. Great, he comes back from hell, but what does that do for him? Does he become immortal?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Well THAT's new. Never heard of a "Mom" before. Geez, what did SHE do?!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Medullah posted:

Nice music choice for the BSG nerds watching for Helfer. :D

Yeah that was great. I didn't recognize her at first, but after I rewound to hear the music again (and it was cool that the actual actor was singing) I definitely recognized her the second time.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Binary Logic posted:

Is it really simply that Lucifer is in love? That's why his powers fade when he's near Chloe?! That's kind of underwhelming.
I hope there's more to it, like she embodies the soul of his long-forgotten sister (or step-sister) who everyone believes is gone.

Yeah it can't just be that, because the entire reason he got interested was because she was immune to his power of suggestion.

quote:

And sure Dan has one on Luci. But he has a Bigger problem now, and I quote:

Dan does not know Lucifer's Mom. He knows the lawyer Charlotte.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Zebulon posted:

...Maze. Maze, buddy. You just blew up her car. She probably liked that car.

It was Amenediel's car. He said so in the therapy session. He was standing beside Chloe's car when Maze pressed the button.

And an explanation for Chloe nullifying Lucifer's powers is nice to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I thought there was something off with the new Captain from the very start, when he didn't seem to have the slightest interest in who bailed out the killer in the Season Premiere, so this wasn't a big surprise to me.

• Locked thread