Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I think the show would benefit greatly if it were only 30 minutes. Overall not too bad, but there seems to be a consistent lull between halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Random Stranger posted:

Well, for one thing I'd keep women, children, and pets away from him.

After this week's episode I don't think I can go on with the show. Everything besides Tom Ellis is just so terrible, lazy, and boring. It feels like everyone involved gave up after settling on a concept.

But just to add to the debate, I initially thought that Lucifer was set in a world where people weren't generally aware of the devil even as a legendary figure. If someone came up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Lucifer Morningstar," my first reaction would be, "Why did you pick a terrible name for yourself? Also, that fedora looks terrible." Nobody on the show seemed to notice how tacky the idea of someone calling himself "Lucifer" was. But apparently people are well aware of the connection...

He's a high profile (supposedly) nightclub owner in LA. I'm guessing this isn't too weird?

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh, man. Between name dropping Mike Carey and Malcolm actually becoming a likable character, I am SO glad this got a season 2.

Malcom has grown on me. At first I was worried about the whole crooked cop subplot being super boring, but they've basically shelved it to the point where it's almost like "no harm no foul". "Just like old times. Don't shoot me though lol"

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Mum = Lilith right? Not really his mother but can't think of anyone else

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

counterfeitsaint posted:

The characterization was fun, but I was really annoyed they did a whole episode about Chloe's backstory with nothing about her weird anti-Luci aura thing.

Also I just noticed Chloe's brand new condo is the same set as her old house, complete with the improbable location of Trixie's room.

This is the only procedural I've ever watched more than like two episodes, are they always written like this, outrageously simple and dumb? Is it so the viewers can feel clever by figuring out what's going to happen? It's really stood out to me the last two episodes. Oh look one set a prints, it's a criminal with a motive. Oh look he was right there at the first place we looked for him, then he gave himself up and confessed. Wait a second, that sounds suspicious, almost like it's a little too easy. I know! it's the one other not main character who had a speaking role this episode, job well done all around! :downs:

I don't watch many of them either, but the only episode of Castle I've ever watched had an episode where apparently the whole reason the guy helped with murder mysteries was due to a body he found when he was young but it disappeared so nobody believed him. They play up this serial killer as some mass killer for decades, and then they find him and wrap it all up in one episode. I'm guessing they never referenced this before at all due to the extensive backstory focus they gave on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Hopefully they use this cliff hanger as an opportunity to drop the villain of the week cop drama and focus more on the supernatural side.

• Locked thread