Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This show is kind of stupidly goofy fun and it's only like 15 minutes into the second episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, if I was the actual Devil, I'd probably act much like him in the show. I wouldn't care about humanity in general, but I'd certainly have some sort of feelings for people who interest me in some way. Whether it's someone who is just evil and causes misery to those around them which would delight me or if it's someone 'innocent' who goes against the grain like the cop who doesn't like a person but still goes out of their way to prove they are innocent.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I totally would have done the praying thing to slow time AND annoy my brother.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

I think that's the first time an Eiffel Tower has been referenced and/or described on network TV.

I believe it was referred to as the Golden Gate Bridge in The League, but I think the Golden Gate should have 4 people, not 3.

Although I guess FX isn't really network TV.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

Don't forget about Rob Benedict.

Bah, you people need to get with the original God: George Burns.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Here's a weird idea and please, here me out: what if you just showed an episode every week instead of not for no reason.

Well, to be fair, the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship was tonight as well as several MLB opening day games.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

WarLocke posted:

I'm fine with 13-episode seasons. Honestly I find that most shows that drag seasons out over 20+ episodes tend to end up with a lot of filler to take up time. I'd rather a dozen quality episodes, thanks.

I've come to this conclusion as well, especially for shows that are oriented towards overarching plots or concept/theme type shows. Dumb procedurals like the CSI/Criminal Minds/Law&Order are fine doing 20+ episodes, but shows like Lucifer should stick to tighter stories told over a shorter season.

I think I've said it in TVIV before, but I'd like to see some shows that are created to only be a few short seasons long at most. Or even just some 13 episode mini series. Unfortunately, I doubt those things will happen.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Logic posted:

Making A Murderer. OJ vs The People.

:laffo:

I haven't seen either of those shows, but my understanding is that Making a Murderer is a documentary/investigative journalism type show. And OJ is a tell all type show about one of the most famous murders of the 90s. Neither of them are works of fiction.

You would have been better off going with the Law & Order shows, but that's because that stuff is the whole premise of them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

drat that Angela

Well she was the boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The case against Lucifer is going to fail real fast when they test him for gunshot residue.

• Locked thread