Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dongattack posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Give me the next season right now :negative:

edit: wait what, is this actually a DC comics show? i googled to find out when season 3 is and i found a article talking vaguely about how Lucifer is set in the DC universe and is a DC character
edit2: huh, it is, i had no idea. well, i hope Barry Allen never makes it here

Kind of. The Lucifer comic is a spin off of Sandman which was directly a DC comic but Lucifer itself didn't really have any connections, I think the most was that at one point Lucifer goes and hangs out at the Source Wall.

Edit: There are 4 episodes that were produced this season and will be almost completely stand alone, with one episode being a flashback to Lucifer first showing up in LA.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 3 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-nvzqnEtCw
Looks like some of those clips are from the flashback episode when Lucifer first comes to LA.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've also announced Tom Welling joining the cast as Decker's new boss/love interest.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC didn't they say this story arc was only going to be a couple of episodes because these were originally just going to be attached to the end of last season?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first four episodes of this season were actually supposed to be attached to season 2 but got pushed back for scheduling reasons. It just happened that episode 18 was a conclusion to the mother story arc because that was what Fox originally ordered for the season. I just rechecked the article about it and it was pretty vague on actual plot so the Sinnerman stuff might play into the rest of the season but it could also just get resolved really quickly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This episode felt kind of off. Like how Lucifer wasn't involved in the investigation after a certain point and just kind of accidentally showed up at the killer's house at the end.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Azhais posted:

I didn't really like that the mysterious never seen all powerful sinnerman is just waltzing into restaurants to murder everyone himself. He'd have been a far more effective from the shadows villain

I'm really doubting that this guy is actually the Sinnerman. He probably destroyed his eyes to avoid Lucifer revealing it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

Does Disney own Lucifer now?

No, it isn't produced by Fox, they just air it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Too bad Cain couldn't have showed up a couple of months ago when they had that knife that could kill anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really enjoyed this week's episode. Now that they're actually hanging out together the whole Cain/Lucifer dynamic is really popping.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They already showed that Chloe has no effect on Pierce seeing as he was standing right next to her when he got shotgunned in the stomach.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fun Bible fact, I've been reading a book about the Apocrypha (books that were not used in the Bible/Talmud) and one version of the Cain/Abel story has it that they're actually half brothers and Cain was the son of Eve and the Devil.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

grack posted:

Now that he's actually got interesting poo poo to do, sure. Welling's character did basically gently caress all through the first half of the season.

I kind of like how little of a poo poo he gave about everything that was going on with everyone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've liked the last couple of episodes. I think Cain is a fun character to have around since he's someone that can deal with Lucifer on his own level but doesn't have the whole family connection thing, which leads to some interesting interactions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Cain must have been a really lovely guy if in 5000 years he never did anything that was completely selfless before.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've mentioned it before but the biggest problem with the show is that him actually being the Devil doesn't really bring anything to the table. It could easily just be a show about a nightclub owner in LA who decides to help solve crime and it would play out mostly exactly the same.

The thing about the show is that it has this big supernatural underpinning but nothing ever comes of it. There are angels and demons and magical artifacts and Cain running around throughout all of human history being unkillable but they spend all their time solving mundane crimes. Like the premise of the show should have been Lucifer helping them solve weird cases that turn out to be supernatural related.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah, that would be way too quick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently the final shot of that episode was the last thing they filmed for the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mostly enjoyed the first episode but it did end in one of my Lucifer pet peeves, which is that everything supernatural on the show is directly attached to Lucifer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So the 16th is the day that the casts' contracts are up, which basically means if they don't get saved by then the show is pretty much done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Is there any chance of a pick-up elsewhere?

SUPPOSEDLY they're talking with some companies but there hasn't really been anything concrete.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Everyone being a spouse, child, or best friend of the protagonist sure did gently caress things up in a hurry.

They also ended up with some goofiness when they started doing flashbacks but some of the past actors had left the show so all of a sudden Ichabod never interacted with his wife or best friend.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Showrunners have started talking and have confirmed the 10 episode order and that, for season 4 at least, we won't see things that would be too different than before. They say that the general idea is that this will be pretty much what they were originally planning on doing if it had continued on Fox.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

S4 main plot: "Someone took my devil dick!!!"

A thing from the comic is that they never quite explained the mechanics of angel sex because they were all smooth downstairs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix, not Amazon. Also those last two episodes were holdovers that were supposed to be slotted into next season when it was going to air on Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, that's why the Ella episode was very vague about what was going on between Decker and Lucifer.

It sounds like next season won't be too different from the seasons that aired on Fox.

• Locked thread