Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

It's only been 3 episodes. I'd be shocked if she stopped looking for rational explanations so soon. Most sane people wouldn't just go, "okay, you're the devil and Christianity is real" after so few encounters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

LostRook posted:

Yeah, but by episode ten? That's stretching it in a dramatic fashion, which matters a great deal more than a realistic one.

Even by then. If I were in her shoes there are hundreds of other options I'd go through, maybe even some fantastical ones, before I'd believe the devil (and everything else that belief would entail) is real.

I understand this is TV though, so it can be irritating when a character refuses to get on the fun train but I'm okay if they drag it to the end of the season (which I'm positive they will). Part of what helps is how nice it is for Lucifer to be playing against type and being so open with it. It's funny to watch him get irritated that the one person he really really wants to believe him doesn't.

Honestly, I'll probably get irritated sooner at the dragging out of the "why are you immune to by powers" thing first because I'm already expecting to be underwhelmed at the reason.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I think the worst example of this I can remember is Almost Human. An awesome show killed by episode reordering. The protagonist comes off totally bipolar. One episode he doesn't trust his new partner, then he does, then he doesn't again for two episodes, then he does etc.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

She was on Burn Notice but I don't remember anything overly spectacular about her. But it was a pretty generic USA role.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

I didn't mind her response. Faith is a pretty big deal when it comes to God and the Bible. If God were real, he could come down and prove it at anytime. But he wants people to believe without seeing. To believe when it's not safe. That's not an uncommon Christian attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

spooky like this! posted:

He said he did it and then it happened again and they never went back to explain why the guy confessed in the first place.

He confessed because he was humiliated by what had happened and confessing was his way of claiming his pride back.

• Locked thread