Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, it kept a lot of the momentum from the last one now that we know everyone. Decker's growing on me, too. Enough for me to remember her name, at least.

Edit: Oh my god, him using that angel's time bullshit as bullet-time was great.

Using it to piss him off AND to pluck the bullet was hilarious.

Also trying to have A Special Moment(tm) with her daughter, only for her to admit to already knowing about it (and bitch that it isn't even in HD) is also pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh my god this entire PUA seminar is amazing.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Who else is expecting the kidnapped girl to be in on it and its a scam?

Edit: Yep, she's in on it. Wasn't expecting the brother to be the kidnapper, but hey.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 16, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I kind of get the impression that he managed to get shot and injured purely because it was her trying to hurt him and he's still otherwise invincible/immortal. Seems to go along with the fact she's immune to his devilish charms and all that. That or its exposure to her directly that is causing him to become more vulnerable.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh man. Lucifer and Angel-dude having to work together to get his wings back is going to be hilarious.

Astrofig posted:

Yup.

Also, odds that those dolls contain sinners' souls? (Judas Iscariot and etc.?)

Seems like a distinct possibility. That or he just really likes old russian dolls for some reason. Both seem equally likely with ol' Luci.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Echophonic posted:

I think they're just meant to look valuable, since the real prize was hidden.

That scene with the wall punch was intense. God drat, Tom Eliis.

Both he and the therapist sold that amazingly, I must say. Dude is an amazing pick for the role for both the light hearted and the serious parts. And she seemed to, if only for a moment, have to seriously consider that he is, in fact, who he says he is. Makes me wonder if she's going to start suspecting the angel given how violently Lucifer reacted to her taking his claims at face value.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Is there anyone who has doubts that he set the fake pair on fire?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Have to admit the big thing that makes me think he might have is Maze holding onto that feather. But given even Lucifer was convinced from a distance that they were real and they're his own drat wings I could see Amanadiel being fooled by seeing them set on fire before he could get any sort of close look at them.

Show could easily go either way and my initial suspicion before the scene with Maze was that he just went ahead and torched the fakes to gently caress with everyone trying to use them to gently caress with him. Both seem pretty in character, really.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

"I just figured you were sleeping with him." "I am." "...Oh."

This may not be the best show ever, but it has fun character interactions at least.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Huh. So he brought the dude back from the dead due to some machinations of his own. Wonder what he could be up to worth dragging some rear end in a top hat cop back from hell to accomplish.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Priest playing Knockin' on Heaven's Door is great.

As is Lucifer seeming offended by the idea a priest could outplay him, then showing begrudging respect when he rocks the gently caress out of it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

computer parts posted:

Nice, they're bringing the cop & angel story together.

Probably so he can shoot Lucifer and get away with it.

Bingo.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Maze and the kid was almost adorable in how flippant it was.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

"The devil usually has IMPECCABLE Gaydar." It's hard not to love this show.

Edit: And now we get to see if the theory holds where he's only mortal-ish around Decker.

Edit 2: Oh, look. He is!

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 12, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

AAaahahaha. This is wonderful. Luci is piiiiissed.

Edit: Luci figured it out! Now things get fun.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 12, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Astrofig posted:

Interesting. Apparently Lucifer is only vulnerable around Chloe.

Which holds up to the long-standing theory of this thread that she's some sort of divine offspring and that's why his powers don't work on her (or, apparently, around her now in some cases).

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Binary Logic posted:

Also funny was that Amenadiel won't take a drink of wine - but will get to 'know' Maze in the Biblical sense.

My favorite part of that scene has to be that instead of getting the big dramatic "hand pushes against fogged over window" shot that's always in these sorts of scenes we get Amanadiel's wings snapping out and nearly shattering the drat back window.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This is a very fun finale, if nothing else. Amanadiel and Lucifer just bro'ing it up while Decker and Maze galpal a little is hilarious.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Harry posted:

Mum = Lilith right? Not really his mother but can't think of anyone else

That was my immediate assumption. In the proper mythology Lilith would be the closest figure to a mother I could think of, but even then not really.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat I hope that the whole brother team up bit goes on for a while. These guys have some great chemistry together.

They really do. Especially those moments where they just plain start having fun and laugh while in the middle of beating the poo poo out of some dudes. The huddle right before wading into the drug dealer's thugs was priceless.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Gyges posted:

Personally my favorite was the funeral scene.

Oh god. I died when Amanadiel just awkwardly, politely admitted "He's right, you know." during Lucifer's rant about how the dead guy is gone and doesn't get anything out of the funeral.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's definitely Lilith. There's really only two christian mythological beings famous for openly defying god and she's the other one.

This is part of why I figured it's Lilith. She's also the only one I can think of offhand that two Angels would refer to just as "mom" given the whole mother-of-all-demons thing she has going.. It'd also give Maze something to do, given she's supposed to be the general of the Lilim from what I've heard? Whatever it is, it had Amandiel doing his best "oooooh poo poo" face, and even Lucifer seems to be somewhat concerned by it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I figure it's an Event Horizon style "Where we're going you won't need eyes" moment of showing them the torment that awaits. Malcolm already had been in hell, he knows the horrors that await him. Can't really scare him even more with what he's already experienced, right? With his talk of how it felt like it'd been years despite being mere seconds it could be they have a break down due to weird-rear end mental torture time-dilation or something.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Okay, slapping at his hands to stop him from praying is already pretty hilarious.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This show really is at its best when it just has fun with the sheer goofiness of its premise. Kind of loved the smug "I win this round!" look up at the angry sky to end the episode, too.

I wonder though: What's up with Amanadiel's wings rotting? A lasting effect from being shanked by a demon's talon-knife thing?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Eddain posted:

Probably more due to his actions and conduct than anything.

A very good point. They made such a huge deal about the demon daggers before that they came to mind at first when they showed the rotting wings.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Do not. Touch. The charred crotch.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaahahaha. Even his attempt at Devil Vision(tm) includes fanboying.

And paid his drat bail. This loving show.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

He's gone a bit off the reservation, hasn't he?

Aaaaand somehow I expected the sword to get used, just not already.

Oh dear. That's not good.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 25, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Man. Like, I was expecting the sword to be an end-of-season mcguffin. The way they hyped it up they were obviously going to use it at some point.

But Lucifer shanking and killing one of his own brothers definitely seems like the sort of thing that'd gently caress him up, adversarial relationship with several of them or not.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Maze and Trixie are an amazing power team.

Edit: And Unforgiven owns, especially for this episode.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I kind of feel bad for him. Someone finally convinces him to be honest and they just break. The actor actually has been nailing it REALLY drat well in handling the serious/dramatic parts just as well as the more light hearted and comedic parts.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I really couldn't interpret her reaction as anything other than completely unrestrained terror at finding out she's literally been giving therapy sessions to (and loving) the literal, honest to god devil. To be fair, it's a pretty drat understandable reaction. Doesn't make his clear disappointment, if not sadness, over it any less painful however. Poor Luci.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I mean, from what I recall there's a lot of reeeeeally freaky looking angels when you're in the higher choirs/tiers.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

There's also the whole thing where if you get into the comics stuff (just talking about one of his abilities in the comics, but spoilering it to be safe despite how divergent they are) isn't Luci's gimmick there, in part, that he can shape matter around himself and hell itself wasn't a pre-existing thing, but something he made due to his bitterness and anger and resentment and all those other negative emotions seething and bubbling with no real outlet? His face being so hosed up could be an extension of that, especially in his current state of thinking himself a monster for killing Uriel. Thinking on it, this is a separate comics-y spoiler related to that which seems like it could come up given recent talks with ol' Mom: Wasn't his banishment actually supposed to be a gift because it got him as far away from ol' dad as was possible? Seems like the sort of thing Mom could bring up at some point if they keep to that.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Douchifer does roll off the tongue a bit too well.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Okay, Improv'ing as Lucifer is pretty drat hilarious.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I mean, all things considered she really is taking this well.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

Just gotta say, the soundtrack for this show is SO good, even if they use every synonym in the English language for angels and demons in song titles and use them.

Also, Trixie's character has the best child actor, you know, apart from the kids in Stranger Things. She's so cute! I'm waiting for Lucifer to finally accept a hug. I think she figured out it's going to take awhile and gave him a high-five instead.

The day Lucifer accepts a hug from Trixie is the day he's truly free and regains his wings.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Is shtupping the devil a mortal sin?

Well, there is the possibility that what's happened to Amanadiel is in part due to sleeping with Maze...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wouldn't surprise me. Basically, the idea is that he became a raging, abusive rear end in a top hat and so he was no longer worthy of his divinity. hosed a demon for one. Then he messed around with, lied to, and used mortals to try and get his way. Did that in the course of shirking his new responsibility as caretaker of hell to try and force Lucifer back into the role. Then he resurrected a dead, extremely unmoral and unethical man explicitly to try and help him while holding the threat of hell over him as leverage. Either he's done enough bad poo poo to genuinely lose his divinity or it's all his guilt and disgust with himself causing a psychosomatic loss, yeah. Feelings of being unworthy of his place causing him to lose it and all that. Can't imagine what's happened with Uriel helping matters any if that's the case.

• Locked thread