Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I liked ep 2 better than the pilot. I'm a little disappointed, not because it doesn't follow the comics, which I liked but have no idea how anyone could translate to a tv show, but because what they did make is so formulaic. I liked The Mentalist, a lot. I liked D'Onofrio's law and order show. I thought Forever was okay, I liked most of the early seasons of Elementary, I don't mind the "charming-but-weird-wise-rear end and female straight-man" formula. But If you're going to make one of your main characters literally Satan, I would hope you could come up with something a little unique for him to do. So far? Not really.

But it's an okay show and honestly I have worse poo poo in my queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Man this show is so bad. I don't know why I look forward to it every week, but I do.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Looking forward to the slow motion Thomas Crown style segment with the Nina Simone song when we get to the sinnerman reveal and find out that it was the new lieutenant the whole time!

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Gawain The Blind posted:

Looking forward to the slow motion Thomas Crown style segment with the Nina Simone song when we get to the sinnerman reveal and find out that it was the new lieutenant the whole time!

Half-right.

Still shocking they didn't dust off the song tho. If this had been supernatural we would have gotten the song.

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 12, 2017

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I'm having a hard time even getting motivated to watch this anymore. Which sucks, because it has a great premise- I just wish they would do something with it besides whatever this CW-style melodrama is. It's starting to feel like the writers are just barely managing to make their deadline each week, and nobody has any clue where anything is going anymore. Is there still a showrunner? Is there an overall plan or are they just slamming out some madlibs-assisted script for each episode? What purpose does Kain serve, at all? It feels a lot like a show on life support, where everyone is just slogging along for as long as they keep getting paychecks, and everything gets more and more disjointed and random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Ugh. The fact that this show ended in an alternate universe episode circle jerk is absolutely on point. Of course it did. Of course.

I wish you had been better, Lucifer, instead of a beige as gently caress version of The Mentalist, which was already pretty loving beige. With all the potential of having the literal devil as a main character, somehow we ended up with a police procedural that specialized in not going anywhere or doing anything, like they weren't sure if it was supposed to be serial or not. I wish your writers had some kind of a plan, so they weren't churning out endless is-he-or-isn't-he-the-antagonist episodes with Pierce until after a while I couldn't really give a poo poo either way and I mostly just wanted him to die so the loving plot would move forward into something else.

What a waste of million mom rage mail they poo poo away on a mediocrity.

• Locked thread