Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
so ur a christian?? ha! perfidious loon....here, read some drat science!!! its from crabs to quasars and really opened my eyes about science?? HELL YEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Spain's actions on the world stage in the late middle ages, and subsequently the 16th century/early modernity, were also affected by religious and cultural factors, in some fairly profound ways, so that tweet is pretty dumb if it's real. Then again, the new Cosmos series bungled some 16th century church history in one of their episodes, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was. More nuanced than that.

Kind of silly to get annoyed over BB-8 though. The effects in that movie were, imo, all fairly solid. No need for technobabble in everything.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

that song is really bad. even for b.o.b..

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Windows 98 posted:

It depends on what kinda of shot they are doing. It's likely they had 20 different version of BB-8 in different forms. One for green screen related poo poo, one battle damaged, etc. The gist of what I am saying is that he is very much correct that BB-8 sucks in the sand. BB-8 did suck in the sand while filming. I love NDT but yeah that was kinda of a lovely tweet. I think he was stretching at nitpicks for a space movie before the thing even came out. He really should be complaining about other things about Star Wars, like why haven't I seen it yet?

nah star wars sucks

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
https://soundcloud.com/drtyson/flat-to-fact

Tyson has rebutted with a rap!

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

strangely this isnt the first time ive heard a rapper talk about how the world is flat. it makes me wonder if they have meetings and smoke weed and talk about the Illuminati or if a lot of them are just retarded.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lotta dead indians you glossin over there neil

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

oh my god i loving love this flat gay earth

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
5 centuries regressive? more like 20.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

This is just back to back

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

science? hell yeah!! religion? no thanks....idiot

Science is the new religion.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

People who reaches a certain degree of success and acclaim in their chosen field have a problem realizing that that doesn't exchange to every other thing out there, which is why you get computer CEOs who think they know how the education system should be run and standup comedians with Serious Opinions on the government and an astronomer thinks he can speak as an expert on history because he read some cue cards on Cosmos.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Sleeveless posted:

People who reaches a certain degree of success and acclaim in their chosen field have a problem realizing that that doesn't exchange to every other thing out there, which is why you get computer CEOs who think they know how the education system should be run and standup comedians with Serious Opinions on the government and an astronomer thinks he can speak as an expert on history because he read some cue cards on Cosmos.

George Carlin was totally right though.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Science is the new religion.

in the name of science,dont say such stupid things :rolleyes: i merely lack belief in god, thnx, science be with u

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Relegion? More like releg-bad!!!!!!

Please someone agree with me so I can reinforce my own lovely opinion on how I'm a highly intellectual person.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there was a time when the pope would burn a scientist a day. now, in tyoos 2016 we wear pastel sweaters and some of us are quite black

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

so ur a christian?? ha! perfidious loon....here, read some drat science!!! its from crabs to quasars and really opened my eyes about science?? HELL YEAH

lmao

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i'm neil degrasse tyson and i'm here to say, earth is an oblate spheroid like your mom's tittay

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

i'm neil degrasse tyson and i'm here to say, earth is an oblate spheroid like your mom's tittay

lookin good. come up with a few more lines like that and put it over the instrumental from mobb deeps shook ones and you could take b.o.b. for sure.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

china didnt value either so whjy do so many peop[le speak chinese

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

you talk so much poo poo some musta got in your eyes, son
tryna say you ain't see ships sailin over the horizon
peep the mast while i blast this lyrical atom bomb
it dips down like my balls when i'm teabaggin your mom

<dj lays down some sick record scratches using a sample of NDT saying 'science!'>

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

you talk so much poo poo some musta got in your eyes, son
tryna say you ain't see ships sailin over the horizon
peep the mast while i blast this lyrical atom bomb
it dips down like my balls when i'm teabaggin your mom

<dj lays down some sick record scratches using a sample of NDT saying 'science!'>

NDT! NDT! NDT!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm down with NDT.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Let me have a look at NDT's CV.

quote:

Sexiest Astrophysicist Alive
In People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive issue November 13, 2000
http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/curriculum-vitae#research

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Shinjobi posted:

I'm down with NDT.

yeah you know me

sobbing hog
Aug 17, 2015
I bet he did that one airplane song because he actually thinks shooting stars are just really high flying airplanes used to trick us or somethin

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
i am the poo poo reaper here to claim u all

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

this owns

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Fixed that.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mumble mumble moms spaghetti
Mumble mumble spaghetti

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"Stalin was way worse than hitler, that's why the Polish gotta wear a kippa"

what the gently caress does that mean

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the word goober was invented for dudes like tyson

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

*looks thru a telescope at the pancake tity nebula and weeps with a spirituality that is not religious*

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Indians who didn't trust the SCIENTIFIC METHOD! BOOM!

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

MiracleWhale posted:

fuckin old school

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i prefer hanging out with richard dawkins in elevators

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

If the Earth is flat, why are dicks bent?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

satanic splash-back posted:

If the Earth is flat, why are dicks bent?

the coriolis effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

the coriolis effect

correct. u know, ireally love evolution a lot and ur av reminded me of the amazing fact of evolution that the whale represents, its that in the distant past in most primitive times the whale was not yet a whale but a simple legume, over millions of years of evolution the legume was blown into the sea to become a sea legume and then blabhahblah ages go by and u have the modern whale or giant sea legume. u could describe this amazing story as a miracle of sorts but dont bc of all the contradictions in the bible etc

• Locked thread