Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

correct. u know, ireally love evolution a lot and ur av reminded me of the amazing fact of evolution that the whale represents, its that in the distant past in most primitive times the whale was not yet a whale but a simple legume, over millions of years of evolution the legume was blown into the sea to become a sea legume and then blabhahblah ages go by and u have the modern whale or giant sea legume. u could describe this amazing story as a miracle of sorts but dont bc of all the contradictions in the bible etc

^^this is all covered in from crabs to quasars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

correct. u know, ireally love evolution a lot and ur av reminded me of the amazing fact of evolution that the whale represents, its that in the distant past in most primitive times the whale was not yet a whale but a simple legume, over millions of years of evolution the legume was blown into the sea to become a sea legume and then blabhahblah ages go by and u have the modern whale or giant sea legume. u could describe this amazing story as a miracle of sorts but dont bc of all the contradictions in the bible etc

what's really surprising is that the common 'pinto bean' is actually just an aborted early stage whale fetus and this is where planned parenthood gets most of their income because the federal money faucet done turned off, thanks obummer

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

what's really surprising is that the common 'pinto bean' is actually just an aborted early stage whale fetus and this is where planned parenthood gets most of their income because the federal money faucet done turned off, thanks obummer

im not really into politics but theres a reason the hindoos eat whales but no other 'meat',its bc they know the whale is a lentil in its dna. i mean, the hindoo word for 'whale meat' translates to gravy dhaal

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if the earth is flat, it must have come off god's flapjack griddle. that's clearly ridiculous.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH99DKf0zNk&t=23s

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

extra stout posted:

i like him a lot but yeah that quotes attempt to do something very easy (insult overly religious countries and praise "exploring" instead) accidentally justified essentially everything wrong with humanity

notice how everything is made in china? way to be busy building churches and fighting wars america, instead of legalizing slave labor, idiot bitches you could have been rich

He also doesn't mention the fact that Spain was super catholic to the max during that period. It wasn't a case of enlightened Spain searching the world for truth and science, it was more like a bunch of zealots finished up curb-stomping the last heathens in their part of the world, and now had time to start looking for where Italy's money was coming from: Asia. Ergo, the true driver of progress is naked greed.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I wish earth were flat so we could push excess/undesirable people off the edges

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
If the Earth is flat then there's a whole other side we could mine for resources- I wonder if there's morlocks over there.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

i love the unquestioning support in the comments section for someone who is spewing out word salad and other clear signs of mental disturbance

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

*looks thru a telescope at the pancake tity nebula and weeps with a spirituality that is not religious*

lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Although I like some of B.o.b's songs, that diss track is horrible.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

JazzFlight posted:

what the gently caress even is this
some crazy lady accusing ndt of raping her in the most confusing word salad ever?

undiagnosed mental disorders

alternatively, the act of drugging and raping this poor woman has had clear detrimental effects on her mental health - how can we let a MONSTER like NDT free in public? how DARE you not listen to a rape SURVIVOR. what are you, subhuman? how can you DO that?

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Wish I'd screenshotted this nutty Facebook post yesterday.

A defender of BerB was explaining that the Earth must be flat because when you look at a picture of a large city the buildings appear parallel, rather than slightly angled away from each other like on a tiny Mario Galaxy planet. I'd like to think he was joking, but...

Anyway if my lovely math is in the ballpark, wouldn't you need about seventy miles to get one degree of difference? Assuming a perfectly smooth sphere yadda yadda

e: Can't write or spell. But it looks like my math checks out, woohoo!

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 28, 2016

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

that's one of the arguments tila tequila used when she came out as an earfer recently

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Gaunab posted:

What's the subject of this diss track? Whether the earth is flat or not.

https://soundcloud.com/bobatl/bob-flatline-feat-neil-tyson

This is such a weird way to stay relevant. Entertaining, but weird.

also he apparently deleted the track? i wonder if he realized the earth is round or if big neil shut him down for that sample being too long and unapproved

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Just wanted to say that bob is horrible and if you like his poo poo you are horrible and have horrible taste. This flat earth thing is the interesting and evocative and unique and inspired thing he has ever written and it was a tweet.

Seriously, there are no limits to my seemingly irrational hatred of bob.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I think bob is doing some next-level mind games hoping some dumb space-x guy will offer him a free trip to space to prove the earth is round

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Wall Balls posted:

that's one of the arguments tila tequila used when she came out as an earfer recently

drat, that's just... way underestimating the planet's size. And overestimating cities' size too I guess, New York covers 10% of our landmass, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

For a smart guy Niel deGrasse Tyson seems to have a lot of trouble understanding that movies are not a 1:1 simulation of real life.

Toadvine posted:

Lol, probably the smartest man who ever lived was an Italian

Mario Balotelli?

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 28, 2016

• Locked thread