Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good lists, OP. Any reason you chose Oblivion over Morrowind or Skyrim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Synthetic Hermit posted:

I haven't played Morrowind, but after playing Oblivion, I could never play a technically inferior version. I hear that some elements of MW are deeper and more varied, but Oblivion's got a bigger world, better graphics, better AI, more voice acting, and so on. Call me shallow, but Ob's "wow" factor gets me every time.

Skyrim, like Banjo-Tooie, is a classic example of bigger but not better. It's got more of everything, but it's all the same. Greybrown wastes, low quest variety, predictable dungeons. Even the dragons eventually get old. I've put about the same amount of time into both games (nearly 200 hours each), and I'm completely burnt out on Skyrim, but still have some left in the tank for Oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKLfvt6CZCY

Well, I'm not sure I agree, but that's sound reasoning. I'd recommend trying out heavily modded Morrowind at some point. There are enough mods at this point to drastically improve graphics and combat, as well as some quality of life improvements. It's also the most hand-crafted of all of the TES games, and if you're looking for depth, then it definitely has that.

• Locked thread