Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
The difference of 1870 :: 1940 has to be less noticeable than the difference of "Before Fire" :: "After Fire".
Imagine having no form of artifical light or heat, and then, you have.

So there's only conclusion: We've been in a technological decline ever since the early stone age,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

GPS is for people with no sense of direction.
Yes. We're legion.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

[...]because the Euro cycle is bullshit.
Can't say anything about the US' cycle.

The current EURO-_cycle_ itself may or may not be crap, but the testing conditions are. Basically the cycle may be run with a car not charging it's battery, without any lights and in a configuration no common customer could/would buy (talking about crappy light seats and manual window lifters instead of electrical ones, etc.), ... of course the results are for the bin.

I still love my shiney new volkswagen which gives me the feeling that I could actually survive formerly lethal or crippling car accidents without any serious injury. Just to get back to topic.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 30, 2016

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

In 2016, you can be berated from across the globe by a duck with a microphone. The future!

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

How are you liking the fact that your car probably lost a large portion of its value from the diesel scandal, even if it's a gasoline car? Here, Volkswagen GTIs are being sold with $2000 worth of incentives now. GTIs!
It's diesel, but I didn't really intend to sale it in the foreseeable future, anyway.

Woolie Wool posted:

The refinement from one-off multimillion-dollar prototype to mass-market, reliable products is part of the technological advancement process. Modern cable internet is way more advanced than a T1 line, and the fact that normal people can afford is is part of the reason why.
Not only cable. I recently noticed my LTE mobile phone downloading stuff faster than my 50MBit-DSL-Landline does.

• Locked thread