Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
really after this and when the dems get power again the rule has to be in any of these cases just use whatever force neceserry, media be damned. Get a bunch of "maryrs"? Doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Hell yeah! We love our cops.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I want the next one to be a massacre

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

coathat posted:

Don't leak Kamala Harris's upcoming campaign slogans

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

coathat posted:

Heythey are trigger happy authoritarians, so might as well take advantage of that when fighting militias,

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1039681848517873665

quote:

In October, the Ohio man pleaded guilty to conspiracy to impede or injure a federal officer. On Tuesday, Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro called Santilli’s actions “reckless” before sentencing him to the time he has served, plus two years of supervised release.

A small group of supporters hugged him as he walked out of the courtroom with his attorney.

Santilli was one of 19 defendants originally charged in the sprawling Bundy case, and Tuesday’s hearing made him one of the last to receive judgment.

Two men still await sentencing in connection with the Bunkerville standoff: Blaine Cooper and Brian Cavalier.

Cooper has a hearing slated for Sept. 27. Cavalier is expected in court Dec. 13.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I completely forgot Santilli existed until now. Is it just me or does he look completely different?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

santilli changes his look semi-annually.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1040304982677848064?s=19

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad of it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Love a happy ending.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rip in piss

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1057981306041257985?s=19

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
I forgot he was running.
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1060197100992884736

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
FFS, 13k complete morons are voting in NV.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
there's one of his stupid campaign things around where i'm at but the left and right third are just gone.

also lmao at losing to none of the above

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TotalLossBrain posted:

FFS, 13k complete morons are voting in NV.

Check your work.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Congrats to Richard Pryor for his third place finish.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
One of those difficult moments when a noted shithead expresses sympathetic, even good views. This is your reminder that people are complicated I guess. :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/SalHernandez/status/1067618087610941440

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

TotalLossBrain posted:

One of those difficult moments when a noted shithead expresses sympathetic, even good views. This is your reminder that people are complicated I guess. :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/SalHernandez/status/1067618087610941440

th really funny thing is all the libs discovering that jack boot feds fuckin the bundies, the bundies were always right lamo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
really really really really retarded tho

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
literally dumber than trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
fuckin hell skull dot gif probate me already

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i hereby give skull dot gif the honor of probating me when im drinking (just for 6 or maybe 24 hours, 3 days was too long jesus loving christ)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yeah hit me with a 6hr and queue up a 24 hour probation that smithe in a fit of liberal pithy will authorize with all the power he can muster to click one or twice on a UI older than he is

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
poo poo this is ENTIRELY THE WRONG THREAD

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hahahahahahahahahahahah hahaha hah ah ah ah a hah ha

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
well thanks for waking the dead thread

i've been playing far cry 5 and it's an excellent bundy killing simulator

it even has you liberate a bird sanctuary by ventilating some squatters

then a bald eagle flies away in a cutscene :911:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol well congrats on enjoying a murder fantasy straight from quebecqua imaginations

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

lol well congrats on enjoying a murder fantasy straight from quebecqua imaginations

yeah i was gonna say it was proudly made in Canada

and I am

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
baloogan staggering through the snow toward skull.gif: YER WASTIN YER OXYGEN SON

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

syscall girl posted:

well thanks for waking the dead thread

i've been playing far cry 5 and it's an excellent bundy killing simulator

it even has you liberate a bird sanctuary by ventilating some squatters

then a bald eagle flies away in a cutscene :911:
Yeah, except Ubisoft had to try and be clever with the ending. Ruins the rest of the experience.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Casimir Radon posted:

Yeah, except Ubisoft had to try and be clever with the ending. Ruins the rest of the experience.

it's far cry, "everyone gets blown up because this franchise universe is hosed" is pretty on message

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dewgy posted:

it's far cry, "everyone gets blown up because this franchise universe is hosed" is pretty on message
It tries to make you feel bad about killing the rapey murder cult. The other games excepting the original have you stumbling into human conflicts you don't really have any business being involved in so somewhat downer endings were appropriate. This time they just huffed their own farts until it did permanent damage.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
it would extremely own if one of these big companies would abandon their capitalist imperative and take a stand by making a game where it's good to kill the white supremacist terrorists instead of making sure to include enough So Much For The Tolerant Left to appease the gamer nazis.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

it would extremely own if one of these big companies would abandon their capitalist imperative and take a stand by making a game where it's good to kill the white supremacist terrorists instead of making sure to include enough So Much For The Tolerant Left to appease the gamer nazis.
The last two Wolfenstein games already exist. Not that the others appeased Nazis, but these new ones really charge off in the opposite direction.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah but the enemy in those are Uniformed German Nazis, not the normal plainclothes Nazis that live among us. There's no difference between the two, but gamers can easily claim the Montana Cultists are just villains because they have Different Political Opinions and that they want a Return To Civility.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Videogame opinion: it didn't matter that Joseph Seed was right because he went about preparing for the end of the world in a way that was illegal, unethical, and most importantly, antagonized the unstoppable murder beast that is the player character in a Far Cry title. If he just bought those missile silos and a bunch of MREs no one would have cared.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Casimir Radon posted:

The other games excepting the original have you stumbling into human conflicts you don't really have any business being involved in so somewhat downer endings were appropriate.

Not entirely true. 4 has you enjoy a nice dinner and then join your dad to lay your mother’s ashes to rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/420224-ammon-bundy-leaves-militia-movement-after-ripping-trump-over

quote:

Ammon Bundy, the rancher at the center of a 2016 standoff with the government at an Oregon wildlife preserve, said he is leaving the militia movement after criticizing President Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Bundy shut down his social media accounts and announced that he was stepping away from “patriot groups,” BuzzFeed News reported Thursday.

He said the decision comes after he faced fierce backlash for opposing Trump’s attacks on a caravan of migrants.

"It's like being in a room full of people in here, trying to teach, and no one is listening," he told the outlet. "The vast majority seemed to hang on to what seemed like hate, and fear, and almost warmongering, and I don't want to associate myself with warmongers."

Bundy said it was “incorrect” for Trump to characterize the group of Central American migrants traveling toward the U.S. as “all criminal.”

"To group them all up like, frankly, our president has done — you know, trying to speak respectfully — he has basically called them all criminals and said they’re not coming in here. ... It seems that there’s been this group stereotype,” Bundy said in a video posted to Facebook.

"What about the fathers, the mothers and the children that have come here and are willing to go through the process to apply for asylum so they can come into this country and benefit from not having to be oppressed continually with criminals?" he added.

Bundy told BuzzFeed News that his followers’ strong support for the president was one of the reasons he has to step away from the militia movement.

"Those on the right have been so fanatically loyal to him that any word of opposition to bring out light in what he might be doing that is incorrect draws hate," Bundy said.

He also ramped up his attacks on Trump by making comparisons to Nazi Germany.

"The time we find ourselves in now that is closest found in history is Germany in the 1930s, and they had a leader that was loved, and it was the same kind of following," he said. "I don't want to say there is that extreme similarity, but it very well could go that way, and people just give up their thinking, their rights, and they give up their government because they were so willing to follow him."

:eyepop:

I thought Peter Dau getting woke was gonna be 2018's most surprising face turn but drat.