Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
To be fair you didn't need to go after a my-first-militia protected Bunkerville when the idiots behind it would just hop on a plane and step off to a welcome party hosted by the cops.

If nothing else, at least it was more entertaining this way. If they'd gone after them first, we wouldn't have gotten tarpman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
How much longer is this poo poo going to take, just hand down the verdict already :f5h::stare:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/blanchardd/status/791778888770654208

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/KOINNews/status/791779315566338048

:suicide:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
At least there's still the Bunkerville charges? :smithicide:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
So there was some talk about how the participation in this militia bullshit had been dropping once the Bundy Buddies got rounded up and stuffed in jail, but now that apparently they've proven you can pull this kind of poo poo and get a not-guilty verdict, are we going to see them skyrocket?

I mean, jesus gently caress, what were these idiot jurors thinking

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
C-SPAM: Refuge Occupiers go free in a display of justice more broken than Bundy's face

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

Juror 4 noted the panel couldn't simply rely on the defendants' "defining actions'' to convict.

:lol:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The Mandingo posted:

Ok cool "just asking questions" guess I'll go to google instead of getting peoples opinions here.

quote:

On the morning of April 12, an armed crowd rallied under a banner that read "Liberty Freedom For God We Stand". Most had signs, many of which chided "government thugs". Addressing the protesters, Bundy said, "We definitely don't recognize [the BLM director's] jurisdiction or authority, his arresting power or policing power in any way" and "We're about ready to take the country over with force!" After the BLM announced a suspension of the roundup, Bundy suggested blocking a highway.[52] Armed protesters blocked a portion of Interstate 15 for more than two hours, causing traffic backups for three miles in both directions.[63] Protesters also converged at the mouth of Gold Butte, the preserve where the cattle were corralled, and a tense, hour-long standoff ensued. BLM rangers warned over loudspeakers that they were prepared to use tear gas.[52] Former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack, who was with the protesters, said that they were "strategizing to put all the women up at the front. If they are going to start shooting, it's going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers".[9] Protestors with rifles took positions on a highway overpass, seemingly offering cover as horse-mounted wranglers led protesters to face off against heavily equipped BLM rangers and snipers.[52] Utah Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox, who officially traveled to the Bundy standoff to convey that Utah did not want the cattle, put the number of federal agents present at over 200.[64] According to Las Vegas assistant sheriff Joe Lombardo, there were 24 BLM rangers and Las Vegas deputy sheriffs present at the standoff.[65] Las Vegas police were not allowed to wear protective gear because of fear that it would be seen as a provocation.[66] Clark County Sheriff Gillespie blames the escalation of the situation on the BLM, stating to the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the BLM has lied to him about having a place to take the cattle and the BLM did not attend town-hall meetings and disregarded his advice as County Sheriff.[67]

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that tensions reached a "critical level" during the standoff, "with rifles pointing toward each side."[68][69] Las Vegas station KLAS-TV also reported that guns were pointed at officers.[66] Assistant Sheriff Lombardo recounted that "they were in my face yelling profanities and pointing weapons," and said, "We were outgunned, outmanned, and there would not have been a good result from it."[66]

A photojournalist for Reuters wrote that armed supporters had "taken up tactical positions on government officers," and that one man pointing a rifle in the direction of BLM employees said, "I've got a clear shot at four of them."[70] Another man said, "I'm ready to pull the trigger if fired upon."[70]

--Wikipedia

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Silly me, I almost forgot about these clowns:

quote:

The 2014 Las Vegas shootings occurred on June 8, 2014 in northeastern Las Vegas, Nevada, when a married couple, Jerad and Amanda Miller, committed a shooting spree in which five people died, including themselves. The couple, who espoused extreme anti-government views, first killed two Las Vegas police officers at a restaurant before fleeing into a Walmart, where they killed an intervening armed civilian. The couple died after engaging responding officers in a shootout; police shot and killed Jerad, while Amanda committed suicide after being wounded.

During the April 2014 Bundy standoff, in which the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) attempted to round up cattle belonging to rancher Cliven Bundy, who refused to vacate public land,[22] Jerad Miller was said to have been among the armed protesters who joined Bundy during the incident. According to Bundy's son, Ammon Bundy, the Millers were present during the standoff for a few days, but had been instructed by a militia member to leave due to "their radical beliefs", which did not align with the protest's main issues.[17][23] They were also instructed to leave because Jerad Miller was a felon in possession of a firearm.[16] Carol Bundy later commented, "I have not seen or heard anything from the militia and others who have came to our ranch that would, in any way, make me think they had an intent to kill or harm anyone."[24]

During the standoff, Jerad Miller had made interviews with other protesters at the ranch,[25][26] and was also interviewed by CNN, NBC News affiliate KRNV-DT, and other news stations, during which he said:
I feel sorry for any federal agents that want to come in here and try to push us around or anything like that. I really don't want violence toward them, but if they're going to come bring violence to us, well, if that's the language they want to speak, we'll learn it.

Motives
Jerad Miller posted several online videos in which he was dressed as the Joker. In one video, he expressed a strong hatred for law enforcement and police officers in general, warning in an online video that they "cannot be trusted". In another, he denounced the U.S. government as being oppressive, especially criticizing their measures at gun control, surveillance, and their treatment of Cliven Bundy during the April 2014 standoff.[2] Friends of the Millers reported that they idolized Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the two perpetrators of the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, and wanted to follow in their footsteps. The Millers' ideology about the government has been described as "along the lines of militia and white supremacists" by a police official.[6] During the shooting, the Millers placed a swastika on the body of slain officer Alyn Beck; police officials remarked that this act didn't signify the Millers were white supremacists, but instead was intended to associate police officers with Nazism.[10]

The Millers supported the Patriot movement, a collection of various groups with a shared ideology for limited federal government. According to Mark Potok, a spokesperson for the Southern Poverty Law Center, there was no evidence that they belonged in a specific group, but that they considered the outcome of the standoff between Cliven Bundy and the BLM as "a huge victory against the federal government", which reportedly motivated them to commit the shooting spree.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

VikingSkull posted:

I do not wish to create joinder with the new title to my thread

C-SPAM - Coming February 6, 2017: The Bundy Bunch in "Silver State, Gold Fringe"

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Casimir Radon posted:

Fry's so nostalgic that he wants to break in and poo poo on the floor.

He's gonna play a prank on the guards. Ding-dong-shitinaditch.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think it's Sheldon Adelson's personal smut rag these days.

My favorite was how hard they tried to conceal the fact that it he bought it. For a while, nobody working on the paper actually knew who the owner was -- they had to investigate themselves.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
there's one of his stupid campaign things around where i'm at but the left and right third are just gone.

also lmao at losing to none of the above

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

TotalLossBrain posted:

419 plus life. Get hosed Fields