Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU

been watching the stream, sounds like a bunch that are still at the refugee have decided to stand and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lolie posted:

Is there rolling coverage on CNN yet?

i assume.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

called. it, i am sure they will lose half of their men this way.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so like 8 people left in the refuge?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Interesting, because 5 minutes ago Scruffy Mcpubestash tweeted:

https://twitter.com/RealDavidFry/status/692526560922996736

well at least kylo /pol/ renn will die.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

hope he relizes regen health dont exist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jesus, here come the bear cats.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I laughed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

my guess is once they take over the compound. there will be more charges.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i am gonna put a bullet through your round head, you dopey oval office.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

a messed up horse posted:

david fry 100% trying to get them all killed

oh i am sure he is. this is the only way his life will mean anything.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

XMNN posted:

tbf the prospect of getting killed by david frys craziness or spending the rest of your life in federal prison would be pretty difficult to handle even if you werent loving nuts to start off with

this. their reality and world is collapsing in on them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

onemanlan posted:

HOLY poo poo!

Went to sleep last night when the 'Fab 4' had finally calmed, saying they would surrender in the morning, and moving to their camp for the evening. Was not expecting C. Bundy to be arrested - but then again he was stupid and thought that physically coming to the area would change the FBIs opinion or something. Either way this is a glorious strategic take down of these dumbass pretend paramilitary ranchers who thought they could take the gub'ment down.

I did. He got arrogant. now he will probaly be in jail forever.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Darth123123 posted:

This must be a video game children thing

no, its a movie. it has creepy bird puppets and poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

after watching the whole thing. i like that she is clearly lying about it. there are maybe five shots(most into tarpman) and a flash bang.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

sorry i'll repeat it for you

HUNDREDS OF SHOTS

INTO THE SIDE OF THE SUV

ONLY PRAYER SAVED THEM

you forgot the part where the FBI agent fired the rpg into the car but it went out the window.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

XK posted:

The only reason he got it in the back is because he was totally shocked by the guy coming out of the woods behind him. He was making his false draws of his weapon toward the officers from the road, then all of sudden that one guy popped up behind him, and he continued his action of reaching for his weapon while turning toward him. The problem is, he was now facing away from the officers with guns, and only the officer with a taser could actually see what he was doing, so the other officers kind of had no choice but to shoot him in the back because they couldn't see if he was drawing on the other officer.

what i like about the new video is its clear he wasnt hit in the car. you would have seen it or heard him say something or even rock back from it. instead he decides to pull a john marston and trie to out draw the feds. and it ends the same way. ammon and ryan dont care. he was useful idiot before and now he is "martyr" to them dead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the feds are starting to tighten the noose on the collaborators now. my guess is the congress woman will be next.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

poo poo like this makes me happier that he died like bitch.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

Reposting this breakdown of a video Finicum made where he explains his "Claim, Use, Defend" beliefs. The man was an rear end in a top hat and a coward and a bully on top of that. I'm convinced at this point that he wanted the OSP to shoot him, and that's why he continuously pretended to pull his gun. The man was either an immense coward or a huge rear end in a top hat who forced someone else to be complicit in his suicide. And he certainly was willing to die if some of the language he used in his previous videos is any indication.

I can link the video again if anyone is interested but I'm on my phone. It's on the first page of my posts if you click the ?

Here’s the Cliff Notes version of Mr. Finicum’s video. Rights are established by three actions: claim, use, defend. Analogy given: You are first in line at the DMV, you say loudly that you are first in line and fight with anyone who challenges your place in line. (Although he doesn’t touch on what happens when you lose the challenge, we can presume that the “winner” gets the place in line). Otherwise known as “might makes right”. Finicum states that this “might makes right” doctrine precedes the Constitution in the form of some vague natural law (aka “brute force”). All of this doctrine is consistent with how the Native Americans were treated by settlers. They failed to defend with sufficient strength and lost their rights. Finicum’s beef (pun intended) is that a claimant of superior strength, the federal government, is now taking his “rights”. Finicum is essentially whining about being on the losing end of his own cherished doctrine (and, oddly, invoking the Constitution which he has just declared is not the source of his rights). Then there is the specious argument that introducing a foreign animal to the environment so it can utilize what is perceived to be an underused resource, grass, grants the rancher and his foreign livestock rights which supersede those people who had been in line for thousands of years and have a different view of the use of the resource. This is as logical as a saying that a coal company can simply claim Finicum’s ranch and exploit the coal underneath it by a: claiming it, b: using it and c: defending it. By Finicum’s logic, anyone with a big enough stick can take his land to use for whatever purpose they want, as long as their stick is big enough.

Finicum’s “claim, use and defend” is a painfully simplistic maxim for a long bygone era of cavemen and medieval kings and is antithetical to American values, the Constitution, rule of law, etc.

yeah link it. His values remind of an edgy nerdy kid in high school and or hitler.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the dramatic ending. Like he just shoots two federal agents and walks away free, the end.

edit: yep here it is

https://twitter.com/JimDalrympleII/status/692199912319127553/

that explains his actions and motions in the video. he was trying to out draw/fake out the cops like clint eastwood. loving dumbass.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

:unsmith:

Fry is only facing 11 years. Federal prison has better resources for mental health though right?

he is probaly hosed depending on how hard the feds come at him. he might get some mental treatment but who knows. by the time he gets out no one will care about this incident, except for a few nutters.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

"I'm a revolutionary fighting against a totalitarian government. But don't worry, I can fend them off with LEGAL DEFINITIONS."

So in this world of squinty faces and holeshitting, the government is a huge monolithic entity that will destroy and hold people down...but are BOUND by their own laws if said in a certain way. You cannot make this poo poo up. They bet the rest of their free lives on this. They're going to die in prison because of this.

It's not even good storytelling.

alot of nutjobs all across the political spectrum(left or right) believe in magic words. if you say the right word everything will suddenly work in your favor. they also believe that if other people say ceirten words. it would destroy everyone. example. if a high school student learns an isalmic prayer in school for a culture studdies class, evangelicals think he/she will magically turn into a Muslim by saying those words.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I like how you tried to go for a 'both sides do this' but then cite something that only a Republican would really think.

true, but i dont feel like gurgling about tumblr and poo poo because then i wont stop and then that starts poo poo.. sorry :(

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

There's actually some interesting studies about how schizophrenics feel about words and how they think about them differently than a lot of people, it's why many of them capitalize random words in a sentence to give them more "power"

I can believe that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

How has she not been indited yet?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sounds like ryan is realizing he is expendable.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jumpingmanjim posted:

So how are you guys enjoying not being in Federal prison? (Unlike the Bundys)

in college, finishing papers before they are due, but instead talking on here because i like to hear how hosed a bunch of nutjobs are.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cumshitter posted:

Remember when Fatty McFreedom was on one of his bipolar upswings and called for 10,000 true patriots to march to Oregon and gun down every oath breaking official who got in their way?

Because the people you're describing sure don't.

Take your medicine, bro.

This, Most of the wannabee nutjobs are massive cowards or are doing as weird weekend cosplay hobbies. Unless someone like Trump outright calls for a armed uprising, i doubt anything will happen.

eitherway. i think their will be riots in Cleveland.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

thats understandable. The militia nuts are a loose canons who trump would have little control over. Say some of them take over another place and do it in his name and there are reports of some of them meeting him, he would be hosed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheMadMilkman posted:

I shouldn't have looked up her Facebook page and scrolled through. It's thoroughly depressing.

Also, she posted this:

That is dangerously close to deifying/worshipping LaVoy. In the early days of the LDS church it would probably have been enough to have her excommunicated.

why. because he either suicide by cop or literally thought could john marston the cops and shoot them all like his lovely fanfiction.(and we saw how that turned out)

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Lavoy was an old man who was going to spend his last remaining years in prison, he actually took the smart way out. Cliven Bundy on the other hand is going to eat lovely prison food for the rest of his life

pretty much, he will be remembered as "martyr" by his flock, the bundys will probably be forgotten except for some small passage about weird poo poo during the obama years.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Like even the founders were smart enough to realize that the constitution shouldn't last forever:

Meanwhile in highschool history class instead of learning the above we were taught that the founders wanted the constitution to be super-hard to change because they got it perfect on the first second third-ish try and the only reason it should ever be changed is because slavery was so bad that Honest Abe wrote up the 14th amendment himself and taped it on the bottom.

ehh. jefferson was big into the french revolution ideals of everything has to be changed every other year through revolution, he also believed that it would take 1000 years for us to colonized the rest of the Continent and it would be a massive food basket for the world, jefferson was weird like that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Al! posted:

Genuinely I think the only one who deserves a lot of time is Ammon because he seems to be the head prick using a bunch of really pathetic people to play out his fantasy of being just like daddy. Well and daddy of course

i think ryan and cliven and a few of the others deserve long prison stints too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

"Bundy family members and Nevada State Assemblywoman Michele Fiore took to social media to complain that Bundy had been “beaten.”"

Man, these people can't help but lie through their teeth

How has she not been implicated, she helped traitors

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so basically everyone is pleading/flipping and the bundys and a few loyal followers. i am ok with that. the bundys and the diehards will be in fed pen forever and the ones who flipped will probably be hated by the community and go into obscurity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Cliven Bundy getting on a plane was just the most amazingly stupid thing to do.

i think he honestly believed he was untouchable. he got a fathead and started to believe his own horseshit and got nabbed. he got lucky with the blm ranch standoff and thought he could push further.

Mirthless posted:

That interaction was esp. hilarious since the judge is kind of a right wing sagebrush crazy himself

He wasn't just pissed at the Bundys for being a bunch of wannabe pretend ranchers, he was pissed at them for how massively their dumb stunt discredited the sagebrush movement and how hard it is going to be to get traction anymore through legislative means

And he was right, of course. It takes a hell of a lot more political capital now to get anything done on "giving the land back to the states" and I can't imagine the handful of rural yahoos it affects will ever have any luck getting the process moving again. Good. I'd rather have wild birds than a bunch of dumb ranchers living on handouts from the federal government anyway

this. I feel bad for the people who had genuine grievances and concerns about government land and zoning/permits and all that poo poo. but then they stupidly backed the worst possible choice because an imitation is always better then the real thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jumpingmanjim posted:

The defence portion of this trial will be a total shitshow.

I mean what the gently caress is their "defense"? do they even have lawyers or are the bundys going for retard and self defending?

Also, where are all the Lavoy getting "wasted" clips(the ones that parody rockstar/GTA games)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's too bad. Fry is the only one of these clowns that I feel any sympathy for at all.

Fry is basically kylo renn. a wannabee(among wannabees) of millitia jack offs who clearly has daddy issues and mental problems. like you i felt bad for him, but not enough to care.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

So I guess the jury is also confused by Fry being tried with everyone else?

I hope so. Fry needs a mental ward not a stint in some fed pen. if the bundys walk like the loving john africa case, i will be loving pissed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

This is loving horseshit. the FBI should have just raided and put a bullet in all of their hill billy heads but no we couldn't, we had to let it up to the courts and jury of loving retards, now they are going to do it again if the nevada also falls through. whats worse is this will send a clear signal to the trumpists that its A-OK to rebel is trump tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Yeah it's not like the rule of law matters or anything. This is definitely a one-off event that will not have any lingering consequences at all. I'm sure some kid got run over today or w/e so why even care.

this. this is going to embolden these parasites and they will get worse. if trump loses and it looks like he will and starts spouting off about rebellion, then some of these fuckers will see this and relize they have an ok chance of escaping the law.