Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Looking forward to Klavern Bundy getting sworn in as Secretary of the Interior next month.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

http://www.hcn.org/articles/public-lands-will-trump-put-karen-budd-falen-a-hired-gun-for-ranchers-in-top-blm-post

One of the people under consideration for BLM director is literally one of Cliven Bundy’s lawyers (from the beginning of the saga, not recently).

Uh... ha ha wouldn't it be funny if I had a rich hitherto unknown uncle die, leaving me enough money to be wealthy beyond the dreams of avarace?

*or*

Computer, end simulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Platystemon posted:

wtf i love the MOVE bombing now

Not really, but being the “black version of the Bundy clan” doesn’t exactly inspire sympathy.

I mean when I said "admittedly contentious" in the first post about them it was a diplomatic way of saying "by most counts actually really lovely." I think the analogy holds up okay. However they would have to be infinity times shittier than they were for me to feel like they deserved to be firebombed by cops.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

This sounds like an insanely good semantic hair to try to split.

Poppyseed is the kind of dude who sprints into a comment thread about a mass shooting to huff out some "Well actually it was a 100-round drum magazine the shooter used on the toddlers at that pre-school, not a 'clip' you buffoon. you absolute dullard."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I'm opposed to gun rights, although nice attempt at putting more words in my mouth in a very convoluted strawman.

*reads this post back to you in a mocking nerd voice (which I assure you is Very Different from my regular voice) to imply that you are a nerd, and that is what you sound like*

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/420224-ammon-bundy-leaves-militia-movement-after-ripping-trump-over

quote:

Ammon Bundy, the rancher at the center of a 2016 standoff with the government at an Oregon wildlife preserve, said he is leaving the militia movement after criticizing President Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Bundy shut down his social media accounts and announced that he was stepping away from “patriot groups,” BuzzFeed News reported Thursday.

He said the decision comes after he faced fierce backlash for opposing Trump’s attacks on a caravan of migrants.

"It's like being in a room full of people in here, trying to teach, and no one is listening," he told the outlet. "The vast majority seemed to hang on to what seemed like hate, and fear, and almost warmongering, and I don't want to associate myself with warmongers."

Bundy said it was “incorrect” for Trump to characterize the group of Central American migrants traveling toward the U.S. as “all criminal.”

"To group them all up like, frankly, our president has done — you know, trying to speak respectfully — he has basically called them all criminals and said they’re not coming in here. ... It seems that there’s been this group stereotype,” Bundy said in a video posted to Facebook.

"What about the fathers, the mothers and the children that have come here and are willing to go through the process to apply for asylum so they can come into this country and benefit from not having to be oppressed continually with criminals?" he added.

Bundy told BuzzFeed News that his followers’ strong support for the president was one of the reasons he has to step away from the militia movement.

"Those on the right have been so fanatically loyal to him that any word of opposition to bring out light in what he might be doing that is incorrect draws hate," Bundy said.

He also ramped up his attacks on Trump by making comparisons to Nazi Germany.

"The time we find ourselves in now that is closest found in history is Germany in the 1930s, and they had a leader that was loved, and it was the same kind of following," he said. "I don't want to say there is that extreme similarity, but it very well could go that way, and people just give up their thinking, their rights, and they give up their government because they were so willing to follow him."

:eyepop:

I thought Peter Dau getting woke was gonna be 2018's most surprising face turn but drat.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sorely testing my opposition to the death penalty, but I am satisfied so long as he never draws breath as a free man.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

:3: grampa :3:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

419 plus life. Get hosed Fields

Glad they realized he was nowhere near deserving of the drug number.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

any bets on how fast he kills himself or "kills himself"? weird monsters almost always off themselves when they realize they are hosed. its what his leader did after all.

IDK my thought was the Brotherhood might welcome him as a minor celebrity for having done a "great deed" advancing the cause of neonazi filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1288833805223165953