Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lolie posted:

I doubt any please from Bundy are going to work. The hold-outs are either going to conclude that he's being coerced and doesn't really mean it or that he's selling them out to save his own skin.

I don't know what will persuaded them to leave though. Even if the authorities promise them "pardons" if they leave, they're going to think it's a trap anyway. They've really backed themselves into a corner.

I wonder how much food they have left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lolie posted:

They think everything works like in the movies, though, and that they can negotiate with the FBI to have pizza delivered. They don't understand how little leverage they really have. And listening to the livestreams, whenever they're forced to confront the reality of their situation they fall back on the "God will find a way" poo poo. They're not going to become more rational as time passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM_SuN7P5X4

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah this didn't work out too well for Ross Ulbright, the creator of the original Silk Road. (the online drug market) When the feds nabbed him they got his laptop which had a detailed diary of every one of his crimes. During trial he still tried to claim that he didn't do anything wrong, and it was probably because of his hubris that he got life imprisonment.

He also smacked talked all the Feds as about being dumb and incompetent even though he basically gave them a unencrypted laptop.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Novo posted:

just expand the scope of the refuge and make them into a permanent exhibit

See over here we have the majestic white welfare queen in it's natural habitat.

See how it marks its territory with empty beer cans and cigarette stubs?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

At first it was tactical, trying to control the roads, but now they've basically they've convinced themselves that their filthy hobo camp is less illegal than if they stayed in the buildings. If you listen to their ramblings enough, they make the point that THEY never stopped anyone from going to work. THEY never occupied government buildings, they're just camping.

Of course they are wrong. It's all equally illegal. And frankly the refuge employees would probably prefer that they stayed in the bunkhouse rather than lighting fires and throwing trash all over the place. They are so filthy they are literally attracting dogs from miles away.

As said before the facility went from a pristine organized place to a trailer park.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

slidebite posted:

CBC story shows a pic of the roadside memorial for LaVoy Finicum and it has what looks like a blue tarp at the base of the cross.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/oregon-standoff-final-four-1.3427389

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cygni posted:

ive cracked the code with this armored cars license plate, i ran the plate number and apparently the FBI agents name is "US FEDERAL GOVT." well mr govt, ur in trouble now pal

FBI license plate is like the Ring girl for militia members.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Since the Hammond family likes setting fires maybe the government could target their property with a napalm strike?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Young Freud posted:

It's probably a combination of all. When they took away his foster children, he and his wife were already justifying it as all the good they did for the state of Nevada by taking in these boys and giving them a good home and discipline. I think a lot of doubting and questioning about this came from the money involved, but you can read between the lines, like 50 kids in 10 years, pulling many from drug rehab (where most are going to be 15-17), and all boys, and see that they probably were using them as free labor.

Yeah it's a win win, 118k per year and you also get free labor for the ranch.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gotta catch em' all

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Murderion posted:

https://twitter.com/carlibrosseau/status/695708469559603200

:patriot:
Irony is dead, and we have killed it. How shall we console ourselves, the murderer of all murderers?

e:formatting.

I hope white supremacist start visiting the sacred tarp similar to Catholic pilgrimages back in the day.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ghetto Prince posted:

Wow, I knew he was loving delusional, but I didn't realize he'd be dumb enough to leave Nevada.

I guess the No Fly list worked well for once?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Goatfather posted:

David Fry, a 27-year-old occupier from Ohio and the very last protester to turn himself in after intense FBI negotiations, appeared in federal court in Portland on Friday, wearing a green anti-suicide smock

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Final a Trump take their coats moment that was good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

No. 6 posted:

Their writing skills are even worse than their thinking skills.

I'm glad they hired the best possible legal help

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

I use mayo on a bunch of stuff recipe-wise and it doesn't go bad nearly as fast as you nancies worry provided you keep it at fridge temp. It's when it's been out in the sun all day that it becomes the Church Picnic Killer

Living off just alcohol (especially near pure stuff like B151) is a really bad idea. Beer is workable for longer because it has calories from things other than alcohol in it and whatever. Back when cholera used to be a common thing from communal water supplies, brewers who typically drank nothing but beer were the only ones safe from it because the process of brewing kills waterborne microbes.

Also depending on the type beer also has different types of vitamins

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I wonder what the repercussions are for someone with a special FFL for a big fuckoff gun and then you get it stolen by some two bit hick

Might lose his FFL license

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Some more good concern trolling:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/bernie-sanders-destroying-green-party-california-primary-hillary-clinton

Evil bernie is reducing green party membership in California

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

No, they know exactly what they use and how they need it. Remember when Sandy hit and all of a sudden the abolish FEMA folk came walking up to Washington with their hats in hand?
Cognitive Dissonance is a survival tool for them.

Hence why the guy who played Coach could get all indignant about never having to need help even when he was on welfare.

Even better GOP congressmen in the south demanded the feds pay for hurricane relief but blocked the Sandy bill because it would increase the deficit.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WrenP-Complete posted:

For those who don't know, that's from Fred Meyers, the approximate equivalent to Kroger in the PacNW.

Disclaimer: Does not stop Federale bullets

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Well, sooner or later there'll be another Oklahoma City Bombing and the news media will be all 'HOW DID THIS HAPPEN HOW LONG HAVE THERE BEEN TERRORISTS IN AMERICA WE DID NOTHING ABOUT' :downs:

Remember how over the last decade white supremacist groups did more terrorism and basically a bigger threat than the right fear of those islamic fundamentalists?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Winner is Jew posted:

And IIRC outside of Portland Oregon is hick as gently caress.

People think of Oregon as hip west coast place but it is pretty hee haw outside hippie enclaves such as Eugene/Portland.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

The fact that they got off with theft. Like 100% you took a truck. On video. Means that they just wanted to get them off on principle.

gently caress Oregon.

You can't pump your own gas in Oregon.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Z-Nation is actually a documentary on life in eastern Washington state.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zas posted:

so the thread title is real right? roflamo poo poo

Not charge even for carrying weapons on federal property.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Throwing Turtles posted:

For maximum irony the Dakota protesters are being arrested as we speak.

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mrit posted:

Washington is full, go to Idaho or something.

Is has less people than NYC

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

red19fire posted:

By "just recently due to politics' what you mean is that Cliven Bundy refused to pay his grazing fees to the government, which are way below commercial feed rates, for 20+ years. After decades of nonpayment and numerous warnings, the government banned him from grazing public land and held some of his cattle in lien until the million dollars or more of back fees are paid in full.

This is what precipitated Cliven whining to the moron hick militia about government overreach, decades of refusing to pay his fair share.

Also people don't realize that cattle are incredibility destructive to the land so the BLM fees are funding conservation and repair efforts for the land.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Platystemon posted:

BLM fees are also cheap as gently caress compared to the rates of the Free MarketŪ.

It's basically a big subsidy given how eventually the taxpayer has to foot the bill for maintenance and conservation efforts to repair the damage cattle cause.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

lol this owns

I would have more respect for Obama he did more of this type of trolling.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

Trump is a habitual liar who enjoys making people wonder what he's thinking, loves to pit his underlings against each other, and has absolutely no problem with saying one thing and doing another

He's pretty Hitler-esque in this sense.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Well, it's worth acknowledging that 1. It's entirely possible people at BLM have been engaged in malfeasance, and 2. This ploy may work.

seems a lot of work just to steal a bunch of mangy flea bitten cattle.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

lol americans are so loving dumb its amazing

The whole voting for Trump makes sense in hindsight

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lolling at bad dems attacking Bernie.

Reminds me of when random thugs trying to beat up Kenshiro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian