Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I was reminded of this by that Oregon militia thing that's going on.

The Branch Davidians were a crazy cult led by a psychotic pedophile. They were never gonna surrender, and it's their fault those kids died. People who defend them are idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Prob shouldn't have killed them. Idk.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yeah but what about Ruby Ridge OP? huh??

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
false flag

BIG BIC SQUAD
Jan 24, 2015
The government can do no wrong, for they do not know what it is.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Branch Davidians can't melt steel girders!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

The Branch Davidians were a crazy cult led by a psychotic pedophile.
gbs really cant ever tell at any given point if it should throw stones about this
i dont even know who the mods are right now

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

symbolic posted:

yeah but what about Ruby Ridge OP? huh??

That on probably could have gone better.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i agree with the op. cultists only exist to provide our brave federal agents with moving target practice

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Feranon posted:

i agree with the op. cultists only exist to provide our brave federal agents with moving target practice

haha. but seriously, what franco said here is kind of right lol. we just need stricter border controls and a more active local militia. thats what the good lord intended and thats what im going to shove up ur loving rear end if you dont agree. i have your family. you will receive a call tonight i suggest you loving answer it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
code:
mother leopard
i have your cub
10,000 kola nuts
wrapped in brown paper
midnight, behind the box
i'll be the hyena, you'll see...

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

Prob shouldn't have killed them. Idk.

they tried multiple times to get them to leave peacefully and to neutralize them using non-lethal means and most of them died in the fire that almost certainly was started by the branch davidians but possibly made worse by the feds

like honestly what else could they have done other than just leaving them be to keep raping kids

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

Well, in the case of Waco your wish came true!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Waco never ended.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mr. mephistopheles posted:

they tried multiple times to get them to leave peacefully and to neutralize them using non-lethal means and most of them died in the fire that almost certainly was started by the branch davidians but possibly made worse by the feds

like honestly what else could they have done other than just leaving them be to keep raping kids

is it better to die in a fire as the feds and your captors shoot at one another, or be raped forever in a cult?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

there have always been accusations that obama is weak. I think that as he is leaving office soon he should nuke all of oregon as a message to any other potential domestic terrorists. this is an armed insurrection

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
but oregon has done so much for this country such as

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
making it so we're at a nice and even 50 i guess?

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

The Branch Davidians were a crazy cult led by a psychotic pedophile. They were never gonna surrender, and it's their fault those kids died. People who defend them are idiots.

fuk of

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
I remember when the siege was going on and people were like "why wont limp-wristed Clinton do something about these pedo freaks?!??" and then when he did it was like "Jack Booted Thugs killing Hero Patriots!"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

A sterling rebuttal.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

boom boom boom posted:

The governement waited too long to burn the place down IMO

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

is it better to die in a fire as the feds and your captors shoot at one another, or be raped forever in a cult?

great question of our age

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

The governement waited too long to burn the place down IMO
whose rereg are you

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
On August 5, 1989, Howell (Koresh) released the "New Light" audio tape, in which he stated he had been told by God to procreate with the women in the group to establish a "House of David" of his "special people". This involved separating married couples in the group and agreeing that only he could have sexual relations with the wives, while the men should observe celibacy

a cult based around cucking

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

symbolic posted:

whose rereg are you

I don't know but BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress is an ace name

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
its funny that the atf/fbi lost the front door. :lol:

if that door showed bullets coming out of it it'd never get :lost:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

dgsw you're starting to weird me out a lil

leave me outta whatever episode you're having here

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

Wish granted.

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

dad gay. so what posted:

code:
mother leopard
i have your cub
10,000 kola nuts
wrapped in brown paper
midnight, behind the box
i'll be the hyena, you'll see...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Robo Reagan posted:

but oregon has done so much for this country such as

largest klan membership outside of mississippi

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
You know, its possible for the gov to have handled that in the worst possible way, even if the cultists were insane. I mean, their raid resulted in children burning alive, so if that's your definition of 'nothing wrong' you have a bright future ahead of you in the army. But why not save the taxpayer some money, and just kill yourself, preferably by immolation.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Freestyle posted:

You know, its possible for the gov to have handled that in the worst possible way, even if the cultists were insane. I mean, their raid resulted in children burning alive, so if that's your definition of 'nothing wrong' you have a bright future ahead of you in the army. But why not save the taxpayer some money, and just kill yourself, preferably by immolation.

the children burned alive because the davidians set them on fire.

of course, these were the same children who lived as sex slaves and were raped an uncountable number of times.

it's good to know there's still people who defend child rapists and child murderers on the internet.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jet fuel can melt Davidians, along with whatever their compound was made out of apparently.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

SlipUp posted:

the children burned alive because the davidians set them on fire.

of course, these were the same children who lived as sex slaves and were raped an uncountable number of times.

it's good to know there's still people who defend child rapists and child murderers on the internet.
you're right, being burned alive is so much better than being a sex slave

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'ma be devil's advocate for a moment here;

'Psychotic pedophile' seems like strong language and the child abuse stuff was for sure overblown in a few ways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koresh#Accusations_of_child_abuse_and_statutory_rape posted:

Finally, the FBI's justification for forcing an end to the 51-day standoff was predicated on the charge that Koresh was abusing children inside Mount Carmel Center. In hours following the deadly conflagration, Attorney General Janet Reno told reporters that "We had specific information that babies were being beaten."[17] But FBI Director William Sessions publicly denied the charge and told reporters that they had no such information about child abuse inside Mount Carmel Center.[18] A careful examination of the other child abuse charges found the evidence to be weak and ambiguous, casting doubt on the allegations.[19]

At the time, in Texas, the age of parental consent for a minor to marry was 14, as was the age for consent to engage in sexual relations.[citation needed] In the documentary film, Waco: The Rules of Engagement (long version), Jack Harwell, Sheriff of McLennan County, stated: "You have to have proof to go into court... Keep in mind, too, that most of the girls who were involved were at least 14 years old and 14-year-olds get married with parental consent. So if their parents were there and letting things happen in the way of sexual activities and what have you with their 14-year-old kids, you have common law husbands and wives. I don't say that I agree with that and that I approve of it. But at the same time, if parents are there and they're giving parental consent, we have a problem with that in making a case."

And the government surely did SOMETHING wrong;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege#Aftermath posted:

Attorney General Reno had specifically directed that no pyrotechnic devices be used in the assault.[69] Between 1993 and 1999, FBI spokesmen denied (even under oath) the use of any sort of pyrotechnic devices during the assault; however, pyrotechnic Flite-Rite CS gas grenades had been found in the rubble immediately following the fire. In 1999, FBI spokesmen were forced to admit that they had used the grenades; however, they claimed that these devices—which dispense CS gas through an internal burning process—had been used during an early morning attempt to penetrate a covered, water-filled construction pit 40 yards away,[69] and were not fired into the building itself. According to FBI claims, the fires started approximately three hours after the grenades had been fired.[69] When the FBI's documents were turned over to Congress for an investigation in 1994, the page listing the use of the pyrotechnic devices was missing.[69] The failure for six years to disclose the use of pyrotechnics despite her specific directive led Reno to demand an investigation.[69] A senior FBI official told Newsweek that as many as 100 FBI agents had known about the use of pyrotechnics, but no one spoke up until 1999.[69] On May 12, less than a month after the incident, Texas state authorities bulldozed the site, rendering further gathering of forensic evidence impossible.

That said I agree with the court that the federal agents were attempting to serve lawful warrants when they were fired upon so ofc they can defend themselves. I just think maybe the gov't went a little too overboard and they didn't fully explore peaceful options (I think someone convinced Koresh of an alternate interpretation of Revelation and he was writing a manuscript but the gov't didn't want to wait? not sure about that).

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 17:39 on Jan 27, 2016

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah I feel the same way - they needed to be stopped and it's not the feds fault...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

agreeing so hard. also applies to ruby ridge.

• Locked thread