Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
prove me wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Modern FPS AIDS trash.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
well god drat it looks like i got burned on another bethesda title

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
i liked it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
glad to hear it b0ner of doom

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its a good example of how to do a classic FPS and update it with modern stuff, without making it slow paced rear end. However the HL2 style cutscenes kinda sucked, but at least you had bigger rooms to ignore the NPCs in.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked it but there was still lame stuff like the Skill Tree. It was funny that knives were one hit kills on everything

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i had fun but the last couple of scenes are kind of assy on nightmare since its mostly robots and guys with body armour but its not like its the first game ive played that has made that mistake

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I liked it but there was still lame stuff like the Skill Tree. It was funny that knives were one hit kills on everything

i didnt mind the skill tree since it encouraged you to play a way you normally wouldnt to get a reward

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

better than collecting orbs lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one nazi that you sneak up on in the bathroom and drown in a toilet bowl full of piss

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The one nazi that you sneak up on in the bathroom and drown in a toilet bowl full of piss

when i was playing soldier of fortune yesterday i killed 2 enemies pissing on the wall in the first level

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i didnt mind the skill tree since it encouraged you to play a way you normally wouldnt to get a reward

Definitely the best implementation of a system like that but it would be nice if you just had a shitload of guns and that was it, nothing else to worry about

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

next time i stream it be sure to watch because i know after i get past the assy bits of the snow level theres heavy machine guns with a phosphorus grenade secondary fire and poo poo coming soon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Definitely the best implementation of a system like that but it would be nice if you just had a shitload of guns and that was it, nothing else to worry about

yeah, i could see it ruining the game if you suffer from having to max the skill tree syndrome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the game is entirely beatable on nightmare not warrying about the skill tree because thats what i did. the only time i cared was when i was undetected in a nazi fortress and realised i can get those 5 stealth kills or w/e

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://youtu.be/cPPOGn4YRgo?t=12

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

there's no way bj didnt get sprayed with pee when he turned the dude around

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The pacing was kind of weird. The main problem was this bit in the middle where you had the Death Camp level which had no real combat in it (and actually came across as Machinegames, who were ex-Starbreeze guys, doing a tribute to Riddick: Butcher Bay), followed by one of those base levels which just involve talking to people, followed by a bit where you just go in sewer tunnels exploring for like a half hour. That's honestly like a good three straight hours where you aren't shooting anything which is really stupid in a game like this.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

"Whatve you been up to BJ?"
"Shootin...stabbin... strangling nazis"

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
it's not enough above average for me to care about it, meh

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I don't play violent games like this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sure, Minecraft can be violent, ESPECIALLY heavily modded. But, the focus on that game is far and away on creativity, problem solving, productivity, and science.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Sure, Minecraft can be violent, ESPECIALLY heavily modded. But, the focus on that game is far and away on creativity, problem solving, productivity, and science.

That's a big reason why I run vegan.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Modern FPS AIDS trash.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

gently caress Nazis.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the expansion pack or whatever it was sounded good. was it?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Nazi punks gently caress off.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Wow so edgy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wolfenstein did look really cool

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
back at the base theres a random rear end mattress you can interact with labeled 'nightmare'. i thought it was just going to play some overwrought cutscene about bj's sorrow/past but instead its wolfenstein 3d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CLjhMQcCwI

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

There's a forced stealth section in it too and when the guards spot you they run up and attach to you and start hitting you with their stick and you hit them over and over with your knife till one of you die then their buddy attaches to you and it repeats. Take that bit out and the 2edgy and would have been better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

2edgy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario Mario and 2edgy Mario

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i don't want o talk about this game and i think this thread loving SUCKS!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I liked it OP.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played it and while i liked the shooting and visuals i got really tired of waiting around for cutscenes to play out. i just wanna shoot

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lmao remember the k-a esrb rating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Only 90's kids will get this.

• Locked thread