Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

maybe the dumbest sentence i've ever read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein owned

it hasnt aged great. sp anyway i never played the mp

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The MP is still cool since it's Q3 engine but the servers are just 50 year old bible belt guys who this is all they've played for 30 years.. But, the servers usually have sound clips of Major Payne so, it's still fairly epic.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein owned

Best Wolfenstein game.

New Order was above average.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I refuse to read any other garbage you make.

[GTA San Andreas store guys voice] Wise choice sir, wise choice.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[GTA San Andreas store guys voice] Wise choice sir, wise choice.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

bhlaab posted:

if you want to read more hot takes by me visit my giant bomb user review page and upbvote them i want to get mentioned in their community spotlight thing because thats an arbitrary measure of my self worth

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/bhlaab/reviews/

Talking poo poo about SiN I see.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

bhlaab posted:

if you want to read more hot takes by me visit my giant bomb user review page and upbvote them i want to get mentioned in their community spotlight thing because thats an arbitrary measure of my self worth

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/bhlaab/reviews/

U should send a CV to IGN

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't touch congas blocks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

maybe the dumbest sentence i've ever read

hes good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bhlaab posted:

"one time i see nazi vomiting on street. he pull out ten inch cock. i struggle not to orgasm but i do. zen i keel him!!"
i rem'br my pal cooter had a above ground swimn pool. i swum in it. i am swimmin now like

had to read this again lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I haven't played Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP in a long while, but it's one of the most fun times I've had in an online shooter. nazi medic ftw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the swimming level was absurdly bad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate that HL2 is one of my top time favorite games ever, but it also destroyed FPS games

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

I hate that HL2 is one of my top time favorite games ever, but it also destroyed FPS games
its also not that good

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
It cannot compete with revolutionary IP "grow home"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

its still super cool and i like it more as i replay it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would replay it a lot more with a skip cutscene button

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

half life 2 is a game that was so important nobody seems to care that its not very fun or interesting to play

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I would replay it a lot more with a skip cutscene button

yah the dialogue scenes are the weakest part about it, it was a neat idea to not ever take control away from the player but not when they end up locked in the room with the talking heads anyways. you should be able to just keep moving ahead

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

city 17 and especially the combine parts of it is definitely one of my favorite places in games, the whole game has a cool unified look to it

its a weird future, wolfenstein has the same deal going on and i like it a bunch too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alyx is/was cool too. Usually follower NPCs are pointless or dont kill anything or just don't do poo poo. At least HL2's retarded follower NPCs try to stay out of your way as much as possible, and they actually shoot things.

Kinda amazed nobody made a no-cutscene mod where you do stuff like go directly from escaping along the rooftops to the canals with no lab stuff.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The thing that always gets me about HL2 is Valve's design decisions to make the most satisfying guns in the game have tiny ammo pools so you have to use the awful SMG. That's like, their philosophy, nothing can just be good and satisfying, everything has to be balanced out somehow.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think I really liked HL2 at the time but any time Ive tried to replay it over, like, the last ten years I've made it halfway through any given chapter and lost interest

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think I really liked HL2 at the time but any time Ive tried to replay it over, like, the last ten years I've made it halfway through any given chapter and lost interest

I never played anything past the original game ending. Are the chapters worth playing?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I never played anything past the original game ending. Are the chapters worth playing?
Episode 2 has some really fun parts for one playthrough imo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Episode 1 is pretty short and has like, 5 minutes of people talking instead of shooting the whole way through. That's what I play when I just want to blast fools. I've played it too much though and I know where all the enemies spawn now.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

half life 2 episode 1 is awful. 50% of it is being presented with a "puzzle" having alyx tell you the solution to the puzzle, and then going "WOW!! AMAZING!! YOU DID IT!!" like fuckin dora the explorer when you do what she told you to do

episode 2 is alright until you get to the tower defense section. although they spend a lot of time trying to make you sad/worried that alyx was killed instead of excited and happy about it which is counter intuitive imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im the guy who still gets upset every e3 when ep3 isnt announced

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It will be soon, under the name "Half-Life 3"... could be this E3, even.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

bhlaab posted:

half life 2 episode 1 is awful. 50% of it is being presented with a "puzzle" having alyx tell you the solution to the puzzle, and then going "WOW!! AMAZING!! YOU DID IT!!" like fuckin dora the explorer when you do what she told you to do

lol

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Tried to check out some let's plays to take a peak at what you were saying but it was mainly a bunch of over dramatic British people so had to pull the ejector seat. Will possibly play the chapters myself down the road.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Half life series is AMZAING. HL2 story is masterfully handled how we have to wait all these years for ep3. It's intentionally done and it's very Artful because it mimmicks how Gordon had to wait a long time. It's all planed for, and it's all genius. I know when the thrilling conclusion to this amazing and immersive story comes, it will be worth the wait one hundred times over.

Play it cool
Feb 2, 2016

worth the weight*

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wormskull posted:

Well unless this article is satirical I refuse to read any other garbage you make.

He's completely right.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Grow Home was a very nice little game. Basically a better version of Assassin's Creed, if you think about it.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

He's completely right.

have you considered upvoting it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

bhlaab posted:

have you considered upvoting it

that sounds like the sort of thing that would require making an account.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

He's completely right.

Being right that something "Accomplishes what it set out to do" is someone only a complete rube would give a crap about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Being right that something "Accomplishes what it set out to do" is someone only a complete rube would give a crap about.

thats stupid

• Locked thread