Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So if I'm up on the shuttle route in Hotel Circle should I worry about going for a parking permit? It doesn't sound all that great considering you lose your spot if you leave. How bad is the shuttle NerdSmell(tm)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
shuttles are fine. You should worry about the nerd smell everywhere. it will kill you where you stand

dont go

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
If you're on the shuttle route you'll be fine. Only hard part might be getting to the con super early in the morning if you plan on waiting in a popular line. Outside of that they are really great.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Soarer posted:

If you're on the shuttle route you'll be fine. Only hard part might be getting to the con super early in the morning if you plan on waiting in a popular line. Outside of that they are really great.

lol if you aren't camping out RIGHT NOW if you want to get into a popular line.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Alan Smithee posted:

lol if you aren't camping out RIGHT NOW if you want to get into a popular line.

They just *had* to put the goddamn Bernie Sanders panel after Bob's Burgers. No way I'm getting in.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
If you have a 3 day Wondercon badge, you can pick it up tomorrow from 12-7PM

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

For those interested, WonderCon is returning to Anaheim next year.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Are there any tips for wonder tomorrow? I know it's the first year in LA but how early should I get to panels and things like that?

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

RevKrule posted:

For those interested, WonderCon is returning to Anaheim next year.

This is great news. Any details on this? Did LA test the waters and not like it before it even started or was the move temporary because of scheduling conflicts with the Anaheim convention center?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Satorr posted:

This is great news. Any details on this? Did LA test the waters and not like it before it even started or was the move temporary because of scheduling conflicts with the Anaheim convention center?

Anaheim Convention Center is being renovated this year, that's why it's in LA.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Satorr posted:

Also, LA wasn't available for March 31-April 2.

Badge pick up was a breeze today.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
We waited in line less than two minutes to pick up our badges. We retired to our room in the Marriott to eat take out and plan the next 3 days. Eager anticipation.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
4 home games over the weekend at Staples = parking will be poo poo. Take the Metro if you can.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
RFID is not gonna work at sdcc. So slow....

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So far so good. RFID hasn't been an issue here. Pickup on Thursday rocked.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Showed up 1 hour early for Bob's Burgers and got in. 10 minutes til the panel starts and the room looks 95%. They say there's a huge line outside.

Probably need 2 hours for Saturday panels.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
None of my panels have had lines or I've been inside before they formed but I have seen some serious lines outside a few of the other panels. Tomorrow's panel lineup is probably the weakest of the three days for me and I only REALLY have my heart set on the AoS panel.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I got to the Con Man panel less than half an hour ahead of it and there was room to spare. But when I got out, the line for some Teen Titan Justice League thingy was freakin' huge.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah that would never fly at sdcc

You would have to line up for conman to get to the panel 3-4 ahead unless it's a smaller room with smaller panels in which case maybe you can do 2 but 1 ahead is tempting the gods

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

News-ish for next year (2017).
Looks like Disney's looking to go almost toe to toe with SDCC by moving D23 to July.
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/03/28/disney-announces-july-date-for-d23-expo-2017/
Most likely this'll be the weekend before SDCC next year.

I would say this will make getting into next year a little easier because people will have to choose but I know that's just not the case. However, don't expect Disney to show up at all.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Ace Parking lottery is open for entry.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Welp, gone are the days of trying to fill a form in under 1 minute to get a hotel. Looks like they're going to the waiting room system.
http://comic-con.org/cci/hotels

Without it being on a weekend, in the middle of the week, this is going to make it a LOT harder for people with loving jobs to actually do this.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
At the Wondercon talk back they said the hotel system would be different, I didn't think it would be this different. YIKES.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

In the words of Othello...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkBvzpbBPs&t=36s

I actually saved the website in an offline format last year so that I could practice my fast drop-down box selection skills, which already hadn't failed to net me my top choice for the past few years.

But now... :smith:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
:negative: good bye sweet sweet Hilton Bayfront

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

It's only a matter of time before there's a lottery system for each day of Hall H. :shepicide:

(Not that that would affect me in any way. Indigo Ballroom 4 life).

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Now I'm even more relieved that I snagged Early Bird at Town and Country. I always have poo poo luck with the lottery stuff.

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

I realize that they're trying to give people a fair chance but the reality of how they're working the lottery systems has turned it into a "hope you have a lot of friends" game :/

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
True. The last couple years before I went pro, the only way I got into con was by piggybacking onto friends who had better luck than I did.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Does anyone feasibly share accommodation?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Does anyone feasibly share accommodation?

No but they do it anyway

If you are lucky you get a bed. Worst case scenario you are miles away paying hundreds of dollars to sleep on the floor

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Hotel sale links have started to be circulated. Check your email.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Still waiting for mine. Anyone else in the same boat? Not sure who I'd need to contact if I don't see anything in my inbox by tomorrow.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Still waiting for mine. Anyone else in the same boat? Not sure who I'd need to contact if I don't see anything in my inbox by tomorrow.

Still waiting on mine as well, as is my wife.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Got mine. Said tues April 5

Confusing because apparently you can start waiting at 6am pst but it won't let you purchase til 9am?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

And we're ~24 hours away and I still have no email. This doesn't have me anxious at all. yes it does

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

My wife, my son, a buddy who is going, and I still haven't gotten our hotel registration emails either. It's mostly making me worried that tomorrow's process is going to be a disaster because they aren't even getting the "approximately 48 hours before the sale opens, an email will be sent to all Comic-Con 2016 badge holders" part right.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah, I'm anticipating a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
No link email here yet either.

E: got mine a few min ago

Soarer fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

My wife and I just got our emails so I guess 48 hours now means <24 in CCI minds.

• Locked thread