Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I honestly suggest getting IN TO the room of the panel you want at least two panels before the one you actually want to see as the method they use to gauge how many people to let in is always so filled with guess work. And even moving up is the same thing everyone else has planned that unless you have anchors on your own chair in the form of a friend or buddy system, you're taking a risk by moving.

Also, everything now a days has some mass appeal, and even if it doesn't, the panels two away from the one you want has those same folks trying to get in to get in to their own.

I've held back from planning much of anything SDCC related until now because, well, con is like that wild wave you just have to flow with and be very very flexible in terms of what you actually want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
You should have just let me get you one since i was knocking the poo poo out of that Eric Andre game.

Con this year was also a bit of a meh feeling. No real panels I had to go see. The floor wasn't too much of interest and any exclusives or purchases were done quickly. The artist I did want to see also were sitting this one out or just not around.

I did like the new system for the simple fact that I could put my badge in my pocket and be done with it. No more having to show 15 different people a stupid badge after you get through the machines.

Oh, and can we just let the idea that you're going to get a good deal on Sunday die already? I kept hearing this concept go around and it hasn't been true in a good number of years since the majority of these vendors are either at other local conventions or professional vendors online. The old days where it was small shops making that big chunk of green for the year by bringing their comic shop goodies has been less and less a thing for a long time. There really is no "make a deal Sunday" anymore. It's a normal business day for them and they bounce out.

The highlight honestly, and quiet depressingly, was the amount of PokemonGO that there was to be had there. But man, gently caress that heat. I had to change shirts 3 times on Friday. I sort of wish more folks would take a break and reset themselves cause this heat created the worse Con funk possible.

• Locked thread