Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

I was watching two pools of friends this morning and not one of ~20 made it in. I'd be interested to see the numbers for how many people were trying this morning, does SDCC/Epic ever release that information? I'm totally stunned. I'd expect a bigger turnout every year but at what disparity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

I realize that they're trying to give people a fair chance but the reality of how they're working the lottery systems has turned it into a "hope you have a lot of friends" game :/

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

Thank gently caress, I did not have access to autofill today and that had been spooking me. That's always what got me in so early in years prior.

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

My friend was under 2000 in line and got the Town and Country. Nothing on my end. Blech

I was in the 1100s and got T&C too. My buddy got the Westin gaslamp as his #3, I think I aimed too high. Should have had the foresight to put some less contested downtown hotels on the list.

vvv I feel you, mate. I was so loving good at it the rest of my group never even bothered. Two of them just got their waitlist emails.

Jarnet fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 8, 2016

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

What a disappointing read. Too, in years prior, you'd rush to fill out your form and the faster you were the better you'd get, and it was fast or bust. But this year we had people with several windows open with different ids in different browsers & their incognito modes. I can't even imagine how many screens people had open this time. I hate this system.

• Locked thread