Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Excellent work as always, Dr Tran.

For the dining section, Sammy's Woodfired Pizza is no longer in business. :argh:

For Amtrak, I strongly recommend spending a bit more and getting reserved business class seats, especially for the ride back home on Sunday. These sell out early, so get them as soon as possible. It's worth the extra money to get a reserved seat and not have to wait in the huge general boarding line or be stuck standing all the way back to Union Station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Got my pro guest badge! Had a scary moment when one browser barfed and I had to switch, but it all worked out in the end.

Now all i have to worry about is the hotel.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
How fast did the guest badges go? Wasn't it something like half an hour last year?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
For dining, it appears that Nicky Rottens is no longer in the Gaslamp area.

For Mexican food, La Fiesta is pretty good, though I'm usually pretty pixillated on their margaritas by the time the food arrives. http://www.lafiestasd.com

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
It's weird, but dining out is one of my favorite parts of Con. There are a lot of great restaurants, and a good meal tastes even better after a long day of waiting in lines, attending panels, shopping, and subsisting off granola and whatnot.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm pro and already have that squared away, but will be trying for a badge for a friend.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Oh well. I was trying to get a Friday or THursday badge for the spouse (I'm pro but since the spouse can't go all the days, I gave my pro guest pass to my buddy).

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Erev posted:

(my first con will be the upcoming WonderCon)

Hey, I'll be at WonderCon too! My plan is to be at any publishing/writing panels (I'm a freelance editor).

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I snagged Town and Country. I was there last year and while I would prefer downtown, the trolley makes Town and Country pretty easy to deal with and now I don't have to worry about the hotel sale clusterfuck.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
And last year at least you could get a trolley pass for the whole con for just $20. Not that I saw passes get checked often, but it's best to be on the safe side.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

welp, hotel reg is gonna be a goddamn madhouse

Glad I got Town and Country through Early Bird. Would prefer downtown, but don't trust my luck.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I got to the Con Man panel less than half an hour ahead of it and there was room to spare. But when I got out, the line for some Teen Titan Justice League thingy was freakin' huge.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Now I'm even more relieved that I snagged Early Bird at Town and Country. I always have poo poo luck with the lottery stuff.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
True. The last couple years before I went pro, the only way I got into con was by piggybacking onto friends who had better luck than I did.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah, I'm anticipating a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Nerd HQ is a go. Unfortunately, it'll be at the same location as last year (too small, too hot, horrible lighting during panels).

http://sdccblog.com/2016/05/nerd-hq-returns-to-san-diego-comic-con-new-childrens-museum-for-2016/

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I didn't get my pro badges in the mail yet. Anybody got theirs?

Haven't gotten mine yet.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Got my pro badges on Friday (was away and couldn't post until now).

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
For those who'll be using the trolley a lot, the MTS app lets you buy passes for the Con days that you can just keep on your phone. I got mine for all five days, and now that's one less thing to worry about. Now I can go back to obsessing over which T-shirts to pack, where I want to eat, and whether my Mr. B Natural costume will be ready in time.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
One of the exhibitors will have my book for sale! Will any other goons have their wares at the con?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
OnPeak is sending the hotel reservation info to the individual hotels. I just called and confirmed my reservation at Town and Country.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
What time does the exhibit hall open up on Preview Night? I have no interest in exclusives; I just want to say hi to a bookseller buddy and drop off some stuff with him.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I've just had my first :argh: moment - a conflict between business and pleasure. There's a panel that has good networking potential but it conflicts with The Killing Joke premiere.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Because I'm ignorant and didn't know it would be in theaters later. Also, this way it's free.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Saturday is the day for MST3K, so it looks like that's the day I'll be cosplaying Mr. B Natural.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I always cite that year when people suggest moving the con to Vegas. Yeah, right, that'd work out real well.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

RevKrule posted:

Initial Conversation For A Cause schedule is up with most tickets going on sale tomorrow morning.
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/192245

These are all $22 and offsite at the Children's Museum.

I'm going to try for Con Man, Whedon, and Fillion. I'm hoping they add another Fillion panel as they usually do - his always sell out in nanoseconds.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Struck out on Nerd HQ today. If anyone has 1 or 2 tickets for Con Man or 1 or 2 tickets for Joss Whedon, I will buy them from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Other than the heat, things were great for me.

• Locked thread