Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Alan Smithee posted:

fwiw if you get one badge you have 2 because you can get a replacement. You might not want to stand next to each other at checkpoints though. Also it used to be like 60 for a replacement and now it's full price iirc

I think the badges are RFID chipped now, so they can "deactivate" duplicates. Not sure what system they'll be using (if any) to ping badges, but something to be aware of if you are pulling something like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Re: Wondercon, but also likely relevant to Comiccon:

http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/07-your-wondercon-rfid-badge

quote:

To help prevent scalping and counterfeit badges, WonderCon 2016 badges will be enabled with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags. At various access points in and around the Los Angeles Convention Center, you will encounter gates with a large “Tap Here” indicator (like the example at left). All you need to do is tap your badge briefly to the indicator. When you do, you’ll get a green light that indicates you’ve been validated and are okay to enter. When you leave, you must also tap your badge out so you may re-enter when you return.

It is extremely important you remember to tap your badge when you leave, or you could be denied re-entry and sent to the customer service desk in a different location. If you are sent to customer service to resolve a badging issue, you will need a photo ID to validate that you are the badge holder of record.

In theory it makes sense, but I can't wait to see how this affects traffic in practice :laffo:

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

lol if you aren't camping out RIGHT NOW if you want to get into a popular line.

They just *had* to put the goddamn Bernie Sanders panel after Bob's Burgers. No way I'm getting in.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

In the words of Othello...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkBvzpbBPs&t=36s

I actually saved the website in an offline format last year so that I could practice my fast drop-down box selection skills, which already hadn't failed to net me my top choice for the past few years.

But now... :smith:

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

It's only a matter of time before there's a lottery system for each day of Hall H. :shepicide:

(Not that that would affect me in any way. Indigo Ballroom 4 life).

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Still waiting for mine. Anyone else in the same boat? Not sure who I'd need to contact if I don't see anything in my inbox by tomorrow.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

First group in. Goddayum.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Rocco Botte/Mega 64 should be there as usual. Always worth stopping by for a laugh.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Followed the stream of people out of Ballroom 20 after Killing Joke, down the stairs outside of Sails, and onto the street. There wasn't anything to tap out the badge on, and when I asked a Comiccon person after I'd realized, they said "Don't tap out." (I.e. don't worry about it). Do they reset the system every night or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Kevin Smith line still hasn't moved. Still emptying room of Marvel people. I think it was supposed to start 45 minutes ago. Poor guy getting shafted again this year.

• Locked thread