Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks so much for posting this thread and all this info. I'm totally bookmarking it. This is my second year trying to get in and I got lucky and got in early enough to grab a full set of tickets. I've never been to a con (my first con will be the upcoming WonderCon) but I passed by the lines of people camping out for San Diego Comic Con two years ago and it looks rather daunting. I'd love to meet up with anyone else that may be going.

Also - I live about two hours away from the San Deigo Convention Center. Is it worth trying to get a hotel that is close (well, closer...) to the event?

Erev fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Hey, I'll be at WonderCon too! My plan is to be at any publishing/writing panels (I'm a freelance editor).

Awesome! I am looking forward to them finally posting the panel schedule so I can start figuring out what I want to see. I do some writing as a hobby so some of those panels could be fun. If they offer a decent beer on-site we should totally grab one one day.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Badge pickup? What is this, the middle ages? (Ah well, I suppose I really should experience that once.)

Their use of RFID is clever and makes sense. Not only does it provide metrics to show what is popular, what sucks, and what to invite back/invite more of but it also lets you ensure that the people trying to get back into a full hall (due to whatever reason) were the same ones that originally left the full hall. (Well, the same badges at least.)

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I'm set up at the Best Western - seems like a good compromise between 'cheap' and being half the distance my original, fully refundable hotel was. It's also near some accessible EV chargers, which I'll need to visit at some point.

How do the shuttles work? How often do they run?

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Dr Tran posted:

Wondercon sched is up. I like this panel lineup a lot more compared to last year
http://wondercon2016.sched.org/

I definitely see enough to keep me occupied. I'll have to draft a schedule when I get home from work. I'm curious how packed the panels will be considering the venue... and how long it'll take to get from point to point.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So if I'm up on the shuttle route in Hotel Circle should I worry about going for a parking permit? It doesn't sound all that great considering you lose your spot if you leave. How bad is the shuttle NerdSmell(tm)?

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So far so good. RFID hasn't been an issue here. Pickup on Thursday rocked.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
None of my panels have had lines or I've been inside before they formed but I have seen some serious lines outside a few of the other panels. Tomorrow's panel lineup is probably the weakest of the three days for me and I only REALLY have my heart set on the AoS panel.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Sounds like it went better than expected for everyone. I'm kinda sad that I didn't wait now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Got an email about general population badges going out a couple days ago. Received general population badge today. No lanyard, guess I'll be reusing my WonderCon one.

• Locked thread