Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

Jesus has it always been that bad? Even the pros are missing out
It's always worse, there is no bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RevKrule posted:

Also, I've got a group of three I'm trying to get passes for so i'm willing to team up but it can be a little squirrelly as we fill up an entire purchase.
It's kind of awesomely evil. You need to continually keep going, else you lose the chance for the super secret elite pre-registration sale.

And instead you're lumped in with the plebes when the site boots you into a 6 hour "waiting room", only to find out that the 30 tickets left sold out .0177 seconds after the thing went live.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

Jesus that looks like a pre approved credit card envelope.

Brb scanning and printing Your badge

Isn't that the point? So that no one steals the damned passes?

It needs a giant "You May Already Be A Nerd" plastered on the back.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hijinks Ensue posted:

I've just had my first :argh: moment - a conflict between business and pleasure. There's a panel that has good networking potential but it conflicts with The Killing Joke premiere.
The Killing Joke is going to be screened in theatres later this month. Why not just go to that?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jack Skeleton posted:

I honestly suggest getting IN TO the room of the panel you want at least two panels before the one you actually want to see as the method they use to gauge how many people to let in is always so filled with guess work.
Yeah, that's a great suggestion for Con. At the worst, you get to sit inside an air conditioned room once you get in. If you're lucky, you find something new to get interested in, or you witness absolute madness that can't be replicated anywhere.

That was the case when I was waiting for the Bob's Burgers panel in '14. Caught the Rick&Morty panel, which led me to watch the show finally. Then I saw the unreal panel for Mike Tyson Mysteries. poo poo was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

I don't know if the new system is to blame but I feel like there's less festive atmosphere too
Hmm. I wonder if the 90 degree weather has anything to do with that.

• Locked thread