Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

Back when I was a young child I used to spend a lot of time at my neighborhood's swimming pool during the summer. During adult swim or if we couldn't go into the pool for some reason (lifeguard didn't believe that it was just a plane he heard), a lot of kids would occasionally play card games.

The younger kids played Slapjack, which is a pretty popular one. Cards are divided evenly (or close to it) amongst players and they all hold their stack face down. Each player takes a turn flipping a card from their stack and placing the card down on the middle of the table face up. If it's a jack, you slap it. If you were the first one to slap it you collect all the cards from the middle of the table. The player who ends up with all the cards wins.

We usually had other rules added too, mainly to keep the game running smoothly. There was a kid named Noah who would slap the stack nearly every time someone placed a card, and it was so freaking cheap. To stop stupid idiots like Noah, we added a rule where if you slap a card that isn't a jack on 3 different occasions then you automatically lose and are a scrub.
Another rule is that players can have a hand ready to slap, but it can't be hovering over the table. Sometimes a kid hurt their hand because it was under the table when they went to slap a card. Yeah we know it's their fault, but who cares this rule isn't even a big deal it's not like they're closer to the table plus you can do it too.

The older kids played Egyptian Ratscrew. I don't remember much about the rules for it, but I remember it being fairly fast-paced. You learned by playing it, and also by people explaining to you what happened whenever you had one of those "wait how did you do that" reactions.

I didn't play it much since adult swim was only 15 minutes long and I always forgot the rules. Plus the older kids usually played Nukem anyway, which was like volleyball but with catching and throwing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread