Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

A machine that converts your e-penis into a real penis.

Like, replacing our actual penis or just a penis sort of lying on the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Applewhite posted:

Like, replacing our actual penis or just a penis sort of lying on the ground?

Based on your preferences.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Based on your preferences.

I guess it would have to give me a preview of the bigness of my e-penis first.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

a skateboard u can do cool tricks on

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
tinder but for meeting friends

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Animals that dont grow out of the cute baby critter stage.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Pablo Picasso will Paint your House service, except he's dead so someone just shows up and paints your house with his corpse

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Uber for drug dealers

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

A fishing rod and reel that is also a red Ryder bb gun. I get bored during fishing and like to take shots at my girls bobber. I made this and it is loving amazing. Until I get shot by a cop or something.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Applewhite posted:

I guess it would have to give me a preview of the bigness of my e-penis first.

A gun for Russian roulette that shrinks penis instead of killing the loser (including pathetic cowards who decline to pull the trigger).

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

a gun that shoots guns

that is, it can only disable other guns. it doesn't use other guns as ammo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

SciFiDownBeat posted:

a gun that shoots guns

that is, it can only disable other guns. it doesn't use other guns as ammo

A gun that fires smaller guns as ammo, and they get into your target's bloodstream and shoot his cells so he dies of cancer and its untraceable.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

a gun that provides therapeutic counseling to the wielder

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A gun that only harms NRA members.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
A gun that ends this series of unfunny gun ideas

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A broom with a hollow handle through which air is pulled to suction dust from the floor.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
3D Printer-Oven that can download pizza

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

a gun that fires time-travelling patents

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pawl posted:

3D Printer-Oven that can download pizza

A 3-D printer that could illegally download a car.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

a car that can 3d print groceries when i go to the store so i don't have to go into the store and can just drive home again

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
a 3d printer that will replace me entirely.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

self-boiling lobster

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

self-boiling 3-D printers that make gun-wielding cat paintings

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

a three-wolf-moon t-shirt with no wolves or moons on it so you can wear it without deserving a beating

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Something to put on your wall that doesn't look like rubbish.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

okay here's an actual legitimate innovation:

a friend-propagated ad network. basically you ask people on a social network to promote some product or service in exchange for reducing the amount of ads on their feed or timeline or whatever. so a user writes a review of a product and then those reviews substitute actual company-provided ads in the feeds/timelines of people in their social network. so gradually across the entire social media network, the company-created ads are reduced in place of ads created by users. in this way, not only do you tailor products and services to potential customers, but also the delivery, that is, how the item is sold.

so for example if I'm a millennial, I'm likely to see an ad for the AMC network that uses emoji's and hip-talk as cheesy or transparently manipulative. but if I see a friend make a post about one of their shows, I'm more likely to take the assessment seriously, because it's a third-party endorsement. the trick is to avoid the word "advertisement" in describing this process because otherwise it will turn people off. the very notion that someone is trying to sell something immediately throws up mental walls in people's minds. ideally this "sponsored" post by your friend would appear like any other item in your feed.

it probably wouldn't work in practice unless you convinced a whole bunch of people on the network to participate, to jump-start user engagement on a network-wide level. I just really hate the current implementation of internet ads and I want to see them die in a fire

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A bicycle that is motor powered and is a Harley.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Steam but with physical copies of games and media delivered to your door.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

a friend-propagated ad network. basically you ask people on a social network to promote some product or service in exchange for reducing the amount of ads on their feed or timeline or whatever. so a user writes a review of a product and then those reviews substitute actual company-provided ads in the feeds/timelines of people in their social network. so gradually across the entire social media network, the company-created ads are reduced in place of ads created by users. in this way, not only do you tailor products and services to potential customers, but also the delivery, that is, how the item is sold.

so for example if I'm a millennial, I'm likely to see an ad for the AMC network that uses emoji's and hip-talk as cheesy or transparently manipulative. but if I see a friend make a post about one of their shows, I'm more likely to take the assessment seriously, because it's a third-party endorsement. the trick is to avoid the word "advertisement" in describing this process because otherwise it will turn people off. the very notion that someone is trying to sell something immediately throws up mental walls in people's minds. ideally this "sponsored" post by your friend would appear like any other item in your feed.

it probably wouldn't work in practice unless you convinced a whole bunch of people on the network to participate, to jump-start user engagement on a network-wide level. I just really hate the current implementation of internet ads and I want to see them die in a fire

A chrome extension that blocks not only regular ads, but also whatever the hell this is.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
An extra thumb on my thumb so I don't have to exhaust my original thumb when I do thumb activities.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Two nipples on each breast so that when I have four kids they can all suckle.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

A ruler that is twelve inches long and wide so I don't have to rotate it a lot.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Condoms with strategically placed holes so men can still get their dicks wet with maximum pleasure while being safe from pregnancy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A knife that dispenses its own bleach for easy clean up of incriminating evidence.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SciFiDownBeat posted:

i hate this idea, and i think i might hate you as well

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

SciFiDownBeat posted:

a robot that posts multi-paragraph ideas on message boards that end with "it probably wouldn't work in practice"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
An advertisement that automatically deducts a fee from the bank accounts of people that see it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

either this thread gets goldmined or I'm posting even more ideas from my "Silicon Valley Startup Ideas" drawer

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
a really really really really really really really long phone cord so you can still answer the phone when you're not at your house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

A friend for applewhite

• Locked thread