Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There are a multitude of events set for Dallas come Wrestlemania weekend, scheduled from April 1-4, you have some indies doing shows, Hall of Fame is in town, Wrestlecon, and it's going to be in the largest stadium to host a Wrestlemania so far, so I imagine a bunch of goons are going. Why not just make a thread where we can let each other know where we're gonna be at and maybe meet up? And this thread could serve as a good tool to let other people know what events are going down on Mania Weekend, so we have a dual purpose there.

Friday, April 1
  • WWE NXT TakeOver: Dallas (9pm)
  • ROH Supercard Of Honor PPV (7pm)
  • Evolve 57 (4pm)
  • WrestleCon Night 1 feat. Shawn Michaels
Saturday, April 2
  • Wrestlecon Night 2
  • ROH Supercard of Honor TV Tapings (2pm)
  • Evolve 58 (12pm)
  • Jim Ross spoken word show (4pm)
  • WWE Hall Of Fame (6:30pm)
  • WWN Mercury Rising (8pm)
  • WrestleCon Supershow (8pm)
  • Jim Ross spoken word show (11pm)
Sunday, April 3
  • WrestleCon Brunch and Party Bus To AT&T Stadium (10am)
  • WWE Wrestlemania (5pm)
Monday, April 4
  • WWE Raw After Mania (6pm)
  • Jim Ross spoken word show (11pm)

If you know of a wrestling related event going down in Dallas for the weekend, please post it and ticket time in here so I can add it to the OP. Don't forget to share what events you guys are going to! My group of friends are going to be at ROH on Friday, Evolve and Jim Ross on Saturday, and Mania on Sunday.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im attending ROH on friday, Gabe's stuff in Saturday, Wrestlemania, and Raw

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I got tickets to NXT on Friday and then Mania on Sunday! Trying to decide if I want to do anything on Saturday or just keep it open to see how I feel (I live in the DFW area).

If anyone is in to vintage toys, two of the owners in town are big wrestling fans. I have talked to the guy from Lost Toys and he mentioned trying to put together something for that weekend, I will update in here if it ends up happening.

By the most recent tapings, I think I more excited about Takeover then Mania at this point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm so jealous of anyone thats going to be at the NXT show on Friday. I wish my friend would get over his fear of heights so I could go to a Wrestlemania with someone. He's my only friend thats into wrestling :(

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Havoc904 posted:

(I live in the DFW area)

is there a good pub or sports bar near the Hyatt Regency area? That is where ROH is and the TV tapings on saturday start at 2pm so saturday night would probably be the best for a meet up

I got noose bleed NXT on friday, ROH tv taping on saturday, and WM for sunday

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

No Luck Needed posted:

is there a good pub or sports bar near the Hyatt Regency area? That is where ROH is and the TV tapings on saturday start at 2pm so saturday night would probably be the best for a meet up

I got noose bleed NXT on friday, ROH tv taping on saturday, and WM for sunday

It will be within walking distance of several downtown bars and places to eat. The Hyatt is also right at a DART rail station, which can take you to some of the suburbs (like Addison or Plano) pretty easily. I would imagine it will be pretty lively downtown with all the events going on that day (Hall of Fame, Axxess, ROH, Wrestlecon are all in that area). On the northside of downtown Dallas is uptown, which has alot more yuppie/trendy places to eat. On the East side of downtown is Deep Ellum; with bars, concert venues, tattoo parlors and some places to eat as well. Then located right inbetween the Hyatt and American Airlines Center are some sports bars and restaurants that cater to people going to sports events at AAC and the like.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but there are alot of options depending on what you want.

In the previous thread, we had mentioned meeting up at Love & War in Plano. But that would be pretty out of the way from downtown Dallas, so we can figure out a place that is centralized.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
does DART go to the jerry-dome or is there other mass transit to the AT&T Arena? I am not wanting to drive to the stadium if I don't have too

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Isn't Lucha Underground planning some Texas tapings that week? I don't think they've announced specifics but I've definitely heard vague stuff.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there was a report a while back that they were looking into it but if they haven't finalized plans already or made a formal announcement i wouldn't hold my breath

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

We're flying in from Scotland for the week. I may need someone to write my sign for me, otherwise the words will look like I got a dyslexic child to do it at gunpoint.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

not that i knew a single person attending WWN's Viva La Lucha on friday night, but that has now been changed to a CZW show

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Man I'm super pissed about not getting tickets to that NXT show now, loving lovely wi-fi at work. Would wrestlecon be a good alternative?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

GenericMartini posted:

Man I'm super pissed about not getting tickets to that NXT show now, loving lovely wi-fi at work. Would wrestlecon be a good alternative?
Wrestlecon is more like an alternative to wrestlemania axxess than a wrestling show. They do have an actual wrestling show on Saturday night but if you wanted to watch actual wrestling matches your best bet on Friday is ROH or EVOLVE.

All the Wrestlecon events are happening in the same building as ROH and all the EVOLVE/WWN shows are practically across the street from NXT/Wrestlemania Axxess

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

GenericMartini posted:

I'm hoping there will be a bar showing it as I missed out on tickets.

I've got tickets to axxcess on Friday just general no vip's as well as a mania ticket and an executive suite ticket for Raw.
Probably gonna do wrestlecon on the Friday and maybe kaiju big battle.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
So far the only thing I'm set for is Wrestlemania with a group of 5. We're planning on tailgating a few-several hours before. Missed tickets on other things, but nothing's set in stone. Might be looking for a solo ticket to RAW the next night.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Is wrestlemania Axcess worth going to? I see you have to buy tickets so I'm either gonna go to that plus the roh show or wrestlecon plus RoH.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

GenericMartini posted:

Is wrestlemania Axcess worth going to? I see you have to buy tickets so I'm either gonna go to that plus the roh show or wrestlecon plus RoH.

It seems to be really expensive for what you get. If you are into getting wrestler's signatures, those tickets cost like 2x-4x as much as a regular ticket depending on who you want to see. My brother looked at getting 4 tickets for us on Friday, but the total came out to ~$260 for regular admission for all four.

tuckfard posted:

So far the only thing I'm set for is Wrestlemania with a group of 5. We're planning on tailgating a few-several hours before. Missed tickets on other things, but nothing's set in stone. Might be looking for a solo ticket to RAW the next night.

We will probably be tailgating as well! Set up a tv with some old Manias on and have some drinks.

Trying to decide if I want to pay secondary market prices for Raw tickets or not.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Excalibur is running the PWG table for Highspots at Wrestlecon again this year y'all should go and shoot the poo poo with him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh btw parking at AT&T stadium ranges from $70-100, so you guys might be better off lyfting/ubering or figuring out public transportation options. bring cash.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
If any of you are from the UK theres a "Wrestlemania UK Travel Thread" on facebook where people are trading Axxess tickets etc as well as a bunch of dumbass' making stupid posts (Wrestling really attracts an odd crowd) to keep you entertained until the day.

There is also some good information posted occasionally.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I live in Dallas. I'm planning Friday NXT, Saturday ROH and WWN Supershow, Sunday mania, Monday Raw. I'm all for a goon lunch or other get together. A lunch at Pecan Lodge with a few troughs of meat.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
:laffo: at those ticket prices to NXT Dallas on stub hub. I can get floor-side seats to a Mavs game (against a bad team) if I paid those prices. Also, our favorite angry person will be in west Fort Worth on 3/31. I'll keep my eye out for other local stuff around DFW.

quote:

Meet & Greet from 5 til 7 pm
ECW Legend Sabu
Jim Cornette
WCCW Legend Marc Lowrance
WWF Alunmi Mike McGuirk
Plus: NWA Stars

Gold VIP Package $55
Premium Seat For Parade of Champions Event
Admission to 2 Hour Jim Cornette Experience
Admission to Meet & Greet from 5 pm through 7 pm when Parade of Champions Begins
First Chance to meet Legends, Stars & Vendors
Collectible VIP Badge

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
LMAO ridglea theater

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh poo poo, Sabu's gonna be there? I'd be more excited about meeting him than Jim Cornette (though razzing Cornette about Lucha Underground in person would be funny)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so evolve sent me two tickets for evolve 59 when i bought three. glad to see some gabe things never change.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

their solution was either i provide postage and mail back tickets and they'd issue me new ones in row 2 but in a different section or they will provide us an extra chair to drag into the aisle what the gently caress is this

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They forgot to mail me a ticket for 59 with the rest of my order so when I contacted them they said theyd mail me one and that was ~10 days ago

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Trying to decide if I want to grab a Raw ticket, surprised to see the middle bowl seats only going for $80 on stubhub. Who else has Raw tickets and where are your seats at?

Really glad I didn't get Hall of Fame tickets with that leaked line-up looking more and more true. I don't think I would be able to stand the 30 minute Michael Hayes speech if the Freebirds end up going in.

The secondary market on the NXT event tickets keeps on going up. I know they are running Axxess at the Kay Bailey Hutchison complex, but it amazes me how small that set-up will be for Takeover.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm in the lower half of section 111 for raw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oatgan posted:

They forgot to mail me a ticket for 59 with the rest of my order so when I contacted them they said theyd mail me one and that was ~10 days ago

any update on this? sal is personally fixin my problem, theres been a bunch of issues apparently

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

minoru suzuki posted:

any update on this? sal is personally fixin my problem, theres been a bunch of issues apparently

i got my stuff and the post date was the exact day they said it would be this was on the post office

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I have literally no interest in the HoF. Should I try and sell my ticket, or is it salvageable fun once you're there?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

seLL

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Genericide posted:

I have literally no interest in the HoF. Should I try and sell my ticket, or is it salvageable fun once you're there?

the public audience has made it a miserable viewing experience the last few years

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mob posted:

the public audience has made it a miserable viewing experience the last few years
Mr T getting the what chant for his list of days he loves his mother was great though

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

oatgan posted:

im attending ROH on friday, Gabe's stuff in Saturday, Wrestlemania, and Raw

I'm going to ROH Friday night and Evolve on Saturday afternoon. If I can snag Mania tickets for a good price I'm not dead set especially since my wife and I are moving to Fort Worth next month. 2 straight to Dallas is rough enough, throwing Arlington on a Sunday is gonna be hard. Deffo not Monday though.

e: No Luck Needed, no public transit AT ALL runs through Arlington. They fought tooth and nail to keep it out.

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
Bought a scalped ticket to the Raw after Mania on Stubhub today; it's a terrible seat, for sure, but I feel better knowing that it's taken care of.

Still debating about which of the shuttle services I should go with for the ride to Mania, and which of the Saturday night shows.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

use lyft or uber.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yeah save yourself $80 on a shuttle bus by driving nearish to the arena and having an uber pick you up and take you close enough you dont mind walking the rest of the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

If anyone wants to meet up for some drankin' and live music Mega Ran and I are playing some shows that weekend.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread